Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kinda' thinkin' this is unlikely...

Sub-headline in an article found while reading an Israel Fuming over Hamas Leaks story, while browsing Jonathan's Daily Promises post:

The headline was, "Excitement Rocks Tokyo upon Selection as 2020 Olympics Site!"

I expect most of us RITA Now folks would say something like, "Naw, not likely; nope, won't be happening."

I remember saying stuff like that last year about the London Olympics -- and was wrong by the way -- but seven more years????

Re: Kinda' thinkin' this is unlikely...

This decision surprises me, considering the radiation leaks they can't contain and I can't see 7 more years without a major war in the ME, IMHO.

Yeah, I remember last fall and the fall before (and the fall before that, etc.) all the excitement that THIS was it; we surely were going Home! Then as each Festival passed-- wait! now it may be Hanukkah! We watchers are so ready to go Home! I try not to get too caught up in the High Watch Date excitement, as I believe that it is a numbers thing, not necessarily a "date" thing. I could very well be wrong, and will WELCOME the Lord showing me how wrong I am by scooping us up at Tabernacles!

In the meantime, I watch the Middle East with interest, as that is our time clock, and surely we see that our Lord's Coming is closer with each passing day. I have to remind myself constantly that this is all HIS timing, not mine, and that His timing is perfect. So if it is 7 more years **insert pouting, whining graphic here**, then He must have a LOT more work for us to do. There must be a LOT of souls out there He has left for us to plant seeds in. Like you; however, I look at the trajectory of evil in this world, and it really, really seems doubtful that we can keep this going for much longer without some sort of major fallout. That fallout could include our Departure! His Will be done.

Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Hi, Mom of 2. Maybe in 2020 sushi that glows in the dark could be a common feature highlighting an Olympic dining experience. (Sorry, I guess that comment was pretty insensitive -- yet I successfully resisted deleting it.)

LOL, Shellayne. You said, "I try not to get too caught up in the High Watch Date excitement..." but then you refer to "...Tabernacles." God love ya! That's exactly how I feel. You took the thought right out of my head.

I'm agreeing with my good friend in Christ, Shellayne:
Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus!

I went into super high watch mode back in 2008, thinking Jesus could come any day now. I think back on the past 5 years and see that it has been a roller coaster ride of watching, learning, excitement and disappointment. But I will never feel like I am wasting my time, because, say what you will about rapture watchers, it keeps us close to the Savior, knowing you could meet Him at any moment. That kind of thinking really keeps you preparing spiritually to meet the Savior, and therefore, watching serves a greater purpose than just staring at the sky, watching for His return. It draws us close to Him and He becomes the center of our lives, just as He has always wanted to be.

That is sooo true, Watching and Waiting. And in no way will we be disappointed after the sheer thrill of seeing Jesus!!! He is worth any wait!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com