Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Look at Hell-- A crucial part in Presenting the Gospel of Salvation

As we are all focusing, longing and yearning for the Soon Return of Our Lord Jesus Christ for His Church, there is a doctrine that many of us haven't really focused on which has fallen to the wayside, and for the most part is not being preached in the pulpits. This is the reason so many of us have a burden in our hearts for the Salvation of our loved one's, whether it be friends, family or strangers. It is the bottom line of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the final destination of our immortal souls. It is an important element that we as Christians should be equipped to answer the unbeliever when presenting the Gospel , not just as "this is where you'll go when you die if you don't accept Jesus Christ." Our God is a loving, just and righteous God who provided the way through the death & resurrection His Son Jesus Christ for in the end it is our choice that will determine our eternal destiny and God will honor that choice for as it says in Scripture:

2 Peter 3:3-9

The Coming Day of the Lord

3 Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” 5 For when they maintain this, it escapes their notice that by the word of God the heavens existed long ago and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world at that time was destroyed, being flooded with water. 7 But by His word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day. 9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Heaven is a reality, and so is Hell. I am providing some links below to help us to further understand and to be better equipped when presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ for Salvation.
I pray you take the time to read the articles and also listen to the audio on this subject. God Bless

Bible Prophecy Tracker Article
A look at Hell
Pastor Dan Adams:
“The Doctrine of hell is crucial – without it we can’t understand our complete dependence on God, the character and danger of even the smallest sins, and the true scope of the costly love of Jesus.”

https://home.comcast.net/~rmaurno/ALookatHell.pdf

K-House Article
Your Ultimate Appointment:
What Happens When You Die?
by Chuck Missler

What makes this subject so difficult to research is that most information is not only unreliable, it is the specific focus of deceit by the ultimate Deceiver himself. One of the first mistakes is to look for answers in the wrong places. Channeling, necromancy (attempted communication with the dead), and all forms of commerce with demonic activity are expressly prohibited in the Scripture.3 Even such ostensibly harmless things such as a Ouija board or role-playing parlor games can prove extremely dangerous and are not to be taken lightly.

Satan's deceptions are designed to eliminate any awareness of a coming judgment and accountability, and to promote the perceptions that all roads lead to the same place. (Remember, he is the "prince of this world," and the "prince of the power of the air."4) Don't be among the naive or impressionable: this is very dangerous territory:

http://www.khouse.org/articles/2003/491/

K-House --Audio
Heaven and Hell
by Chuck Missler

We don't like to think about death. It's not a pleasant subject, and we avoid even discussing it seriously or giving it any diligent study. Yet our appointment with death is the most certain event in our future. We all know of personal examples when death has come suddenly to people, without warning, without preparations; car accidents, stray bullets, unforeseen strokes. When it comes our time, what do we expect death to be like? How will we enter eternity?

Audio 66/40 Radio Broadcast
http://www.khouse.org/6640/BP105/

FAIR USE FOR DISCUSSION & EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES

Re: A Look at Hell-- A crucial part in Presenting the Gospel of Salvation

Indeed, teaching upon this subject has in times past, been a mainstay of the Christian voice. As it is written, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. And we are also told that we should fear He that can kill not only the body, but the soul.

Truly, we all have a destiny with death, which has been the way of this world since the fall. Yet it still is the great "white elephant" in everyone's life. Not surprising that Hell doesn't give too many warm fuzzies. The doctrine of hell is a legitimate discipline or teaching of the Christian faith, to be sure.

God's love has however taken center stage in our preaching, and rightly so. But as death is also an integral part of the life cycle, so too, Hell must also be preached, however scary it might be.

Having said all of this, again I am mindful, that as a seasoned Christian of many years, and having taken heed against the pitfall of Hell, I now in my Christian experience, have a clear motivation upon which to place my focus. That is to focus not upon what I am being save from, but rather for whom I am being saved for!!!

I respect the Lord, fear His judgments, but recognize that Love will lead me home.

One may be able to escape the fires of hell, but without loving God, and our Saviour Jesus, heaven might not be as pleasant as one might think.

Love & blessings...Tender Reed

quoting Tender Reed : "Hell must be preached also , no matter how scary ."
AMEN ! & AMEN ! ~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
Hell is preached for the good of the lost who will one day give thanks in Heaven for those sermons . ...it is a must , bb
~~~~~~~~~~
Bless you , Church .

It's really hard to convince someone that they need a Savior when they have no perception of being in trouble beyond their reckoning.

Email: TxThom@raptureintheairnow.com

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com