Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Transcript of Pastor JD Farag’s Sept. 22, 2013 Mid-East Prophecy Update

JD Farag’s Mid-East Prophecy Update
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Calvary Chapel Kaneohe, Hawaii

[This is the word-for-word transcript (the looong version). I post these as soon as they’re ready, which is generally Monday night.]
===

This is the portion of our service that we devote to Bible prophecy. We believe that we’re living not only in the Last Days, but really the last moments of world history.

If you were to put a title on today’s Prophecy Update -- which we really never do: we just generically title it with the date. But if you were to put a title on this Update, it would have to be something along the lines of “The World Is Falling Apart As Bible Prophecy Is Coming Together.”

Here’s an example: arguably the entire Middle East is falling apart, wouldn’t you agree? And clearly it’s evidenced by how Bible prophecy is coming together. One of the things I can’t get over in God’s Word is that God has gone to great lengths to ensure that we, as the last generation, are not ignorant concerning the End Times, the Last Days. God wants us to know what the Last Days are going to look like. And this is why we have so much in God’s Word about Bible prophecy, eschatology, End Times events.

Now you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the Middle East, currently -- vis-à-vis the situation in Syria, primarily -- is hanging on by a thread. It’s been likened to a tinderbox: all it takes is -- **snaps his fingers** -- a spark. We’re just one mouse-click away (one phone call away, if you prefer) from all Hell breaking loose, literally.

However, it seems this last week that the Middle East -- for the most part, at least here in the U.S. -- was eclipsed by the floods in Colorado, and with it, the Navy Yard shooting in D.C. Kind of interesting: the floods in Colorado were dubbed as floods of, quote, “Biblical proportions,” floods the likes of which have not been seen in something like 1,000 years.

If you’re interested -- and I know that this is very controversial, especially on the heels of such human suffering, as is the case with the floods in Colorado-- (Certainly pray for those in Colorado that were affected by these floods.) But if you’re interested, there is -- I believe -- a spiritual component to what we see with natural disasters (as we call them) like these floods.

You can go online and do a search for John McTiernan. He has done a remarkable work -- actually written books about how that all of the natural disasters here in the United States of America that were just -- you know -- unthinkable in their toll, corresponded to a specific foreign policy decision concerning Israel. It’s really quite a fascinating study, and really quite provocative in the sense that one would be hard-pressed to dismiss this as coincidence.

I mean, he goes back 20 years and connects the dots of these natural disasters to the exact time that someone from the United States was in Israel pressuring them, intimidating them, forcing them to give up land belonging to them. Again, John McTiernan is his name, and you will find him online if you’ll just do a search.

Now it was interesting, because the media seemed to move on from the Navy Yard shooting rather quickly, but it wasn’t long before we had the breaking news out of Nairobi, Kenya, which is actually still very fluid. The reason I mention it is because it is most interesting that the Islamists -- these Muslims -- and I by design do not refer to them as “Islamic extremists,” for that is a redundancy in terms. Islam is extreme.

So these are Muslims. And it was quite interesting that it was reported prior to their murdering those in this upscale mall, they identified first who their fellow Muslims were, and gave them an opportunity to leave, prior to slaughtering the non-Muslims (also known as, in the Koran, “the infidel” ).

I’m of the belief personally that it was more specific than that, in that it was not just the releasing of the fellow Muslims, it was the identifying of any Christians or Jews who were present there and who remained there. As of this morning, it was reported there were at least 60 non-Muslims that were killed (the toll certainly rising), 175 injured, and there are still, as of today, more than 40 who are still being held hostage.

Re: Transcript of Pastor JD Farag’s Sept. 22, 2013 Mid-East Prophecy Update

Now here’s why I believe this is a targeted terrorist attack on Christians and/or Jews. In the Koran, the Muslim is commanded to strike terror in the hearty of “the Infidel,” being identified as, according to the Koran, “the People of the Book.”

Who are the People of the Book? The Bible, Old and New Testament. The Old Testament covenant with the Jews, and the New Testament covenant with the Christians, specifically.

And it’s evidenced, by the way, in another report that was breaking just today, out of Pakistan. Something like 75 Christians were martyred by Muslims there. And that’s to say nothing of the ongoing situation in both Egypt and Syria, where Christians are being martyred by the multitudes in these countries.

I’m going to make a statement, and I need you to think it through, because at first it might sound a little sensational. But the reason the world is falling apart is because Islam is tearing the world apart.

My parents, in the early 60s, fled Egypt and Jordan, who did not have good foreign relations at the time, to Beirut, Lebanon, at the time the Paris of the Middle East. That was before Islam moved in and turned it into -- from a beautiful place -- you could go snow-skiing in the mountains in the morning, and you could go surfing at the beach in the afternoon. My birthplace, Beirut, Lebanon, called the Paris of the Middle East for a reason.

They fled to this neutral ground, as it were, in Beirut, to flee the Islamic oppression, as they made arrangements to immigrate to the United States of America, which they did in the early 60s, when I was about nine months old. And they came here to this country, why? To flee Islam! And this was in 1962.

Don’t do the math! I was -- I’m still very young. **laughs** Of course, the picture that I just showed you prior, defies that, but oh, well.

This is why the world is coming apart. Islam has a goal, an agenda, to completely destroy and force by submission (which is what “Islam” means: submission; submit). Vis-à-vis jihad, this “holy war.” And they’re going in and they’re ripping apart--

And please don’t be so naïve as to believe that that agenda does not include these United States of America. After 9/11, it was the goal of Islam to fly the Islamic flag in the White House. And that was twelve years ago. And here we are twelve years later, and it’s starting to look like they might accomplish that goal -- perhaps already have.

Now add to all of this the report -- again, just this morning. You know, I don’t get much sleep these days, because -- **laughs** -- I have to get up really early to update the Update, because it’s by the minute. And so just this morning, it was reported that Iran’s new President, pictured here, Hassan Rouhani, who is arriving here in the United States -- probably already here, there on the East Coast in New York, for the upcoming UN General Assembly. By the way, that’s this week: it’s that time again.

And it was reported today that he, this new President, is willing to meet with President Obama. Now this would be unprecedented, to say the least. And while the jury is still out on whether or not they would actually meet, Iran’s new President -- make no mistake about it! -- is very dangerous: Satanically so. And here’s why:

He wears a moderate mask, and it’s coupled with what they’re calling this “charm offensive.” He even Tweeted a greeting to Jews during their feast days. This is unheard of, unprecedented. One has said, rightfully so, that Ahmadinejad -- Mahmood Ahmadinejad, whom Rouhani succeeds -- was a wolf in wolf’s clothing, but this new President is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, and is fooling many. Don’t be fooled!

All that to say this: there’s so much going on that we’re not hearing much about Syria. We’re also not hearing much about the U.S. peace process with Israel. Remember the nine month goal that was set by this administration, via Secretary of State John Kerry? This is still ongoing. In Israel. It gets very little media coverage because of all the other breaking news. And even -- time doesn’t permit to talk about all of the other breaking news throughout the week that has prophetic significance, and how they too are signs that the world is falling apart.

Jesus said that these things must come to pass, that the End might come. I say that by way of a preface for this second example, this one a little closer to home.

The entire United States economy is falling apart, and it too is evidence of how Bible prophecy is coming together. And here’s how I get there:

Whether we like it or not, the Scriptures contain prophecies describing a worldwide crash. And subsequent to this collapse globally, there will be this ushering-in of a New World Order.

Interesting: I don’t want to read too much into it, but it was President George Bush -- not W. Bush -- in 1991 on a particular date that he mentioned this, quote, “New World Order.” And it just so happened to be on 9/11. Again, I don’t want to read too much into that. Interesting, at least, on the surface, but there has been this movement -- and it’s not new -- but it is to bring in a New World Order.

But in order for this New World Order to be a New World Order, the Old World Order has to be dismantled and destroyed. And when it is, perhaps by way of this impending economic collapse globally, it will with it usher in a one-world monetary system, which heretofore the one thing in the way is the U.S. dollar.

This ushering-in of this one-world monetary system will come -- and it will be controlled -- by the Antichrist during the seven-year Tribulation, not before.

Now let me hasten to say that I firmly believe that we as believers won’t be here when all of this goes down. And I’ll share why at the conclusion of today’s Update.

However, just because we won’t be here when it happens, doesn’t mean we won’t go through some perilous times and difficult times before it happens. I hope I’m wrong -- and I very well could be, hopefully -- but there is this possibility that we may in fact experience an economic crisis prior to the Rapture. And this is why I would rather address it and have nothing happen, as opposed to not address it and then have something happen.

And I think that you know, for those of you who have been sitting under my teaching for any length of period of time [sic], that I would rather err on the side of being prepared for something and have it not happen than vice versa.

What we’re going to do is look at two prophecies that foretell of this coming global collapse, both of which are in the book of Revelation, both of which will take place during the seven-year Tribulation, the first of which in the first chapter of Revelation that commences with the prophecies that take place during the Tribulation.

Remember the divine outline in the book of Revelation that we have: John is told in chapter 1 to write that which he’s seen, that which is present, and that which is to take place after. In other words, past, present, future.

And unique to the book of Revelation -- beside being the only book in the entire Bible that promises a blessing to those who read it, hear it, and take it to heart -- we also have this divine outline that’s woven into the fabric of these prophecies.

And so chapter 1 is past tense. That is what John would write: that which he had seen, an eyewitness of. [sic]

And then chapters 2 and 3 are present, and in them we have seven letters to Seven Churches. A fascinating study: we talked about it briefly last week. And this is where we’re at presently, because those churches exist prophetically, in typology presently, today. Particularly the seventh church, the lukewarm church, the Church of Laodicea.

Now chapter 4, verse 1, John is told to “Come up hither,” which is where most believe you can place in the divine outline the Rapture.

And it’s not until chapters 6 through 19 that we have the prophecies during the Revelation, which -- I know this is profound, -- **whispering** -- but chapter 4 comes before chapter 6. Deep, I know! So the Rapture comes before--

And by the way, in chapters 1 through 3 of Revelation, you find the word “church” mentioned 19 times. And when you get to chapter 4, verse 1 all the way through to [chapter] 19, you don’t find the Church mentioned even one time!

Now why, pray tell, is the Church not mentioned in chapters 6 through 19, dealing with the Tribulation? Could it be -- call me silly! -- that the Church isn’t in the Tribulation? Just saying. I don’t mean to be facetious. (Actually, maybe I do!) ** laughs** But that’s why.

And so chapter 20 is about the Millennium, and chapters 21 and 22, the New Heavens and the New Earth.

Now listen to what it says in chapter 6:

When the Lamb -- verse 5 -- opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked and there before me was a black horse, and its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. The pair of scales referencing commerce, business; the scales weighing.

Then -- verse 6 -- I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a day’s wages, and three quarts of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!”

Okay. So here we’re told that during the seven-year Tribulation -- presumably at the beginning of the seven-year Tribulation -- there will be this unthinkable worldwide hyperinflation, such that it will take an entire day’s wages just to eat. Now this of course presupposes that even if you had a day’s wages you’d be able to buy something to eat. That’s Revelation 13: familiar to most, I’m sure, beginning in verse 16:

He -- speaking of the Antichrist -- also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or his forehead, so -- verse 17 -- that no one could buy and sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the Beast or the number of his name.

This calls
-- verse 18 -- for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the Beast, for it’s a man’s number: his number is 6-6-6.

Okay. It’s this prophecy in Revelation 13 that has led many students of Bible prophecy -- **raises a hand** -- present company included -- to surmise that a complete global collapse may need to happen first in order for this enforcing of this new global system to be in place.

I’m going to take it a step further and suggest that this global collapse is really three-fold. It’s governmentally, economically, and even religiously. And that would need to happen before -- presumably -- this prophecy can be fulfilled. Now here’s the question:

Will the United States take the lead with the looming government shutdown that is being politically packaged with the debt ceiling and defunding of Obamacare, which goes into effect in eight days from today? October 1st is going to be a very interesting day here in the U. S. of A., dare I say? (I had that all kind of ... sorry....)

Had to lighten it up: some of you are looking very depressed right about now. **congregation laughs**

I’m keenly aware that there are those who would argue: “Come on! The stock market is at an all-time high. And even the housing market seems to be rebounding.” (Especially here in the Islands. Have you noticed?)

In response to that, I would just simply and humbly say that if we’ve learned anything at all from the past, it’s that we’ve learned nothing at all from the past.

The fact of the matter is, a balloon is always the biggest ... right before it bursts. And so too is the stock market the highest ... right before the bubble bursts. You think we’ve learned out lesson? We have not. We have not.

Now please know that I in no way wish to foster a spirit of fear. Paul, writing to Timothy, a young pastor, said, “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

But I would be grossly remiss if I didn’t share with you some very disturbing headlines for your consideration. The common denominator with all of these headlines is that they point to and speak of Bible prophecy coming together, as we see right before our very eyes the world falling apart.

Perhaps better said: from the Catholic Pope -- **air quotes** -- (religiously) to the world’s presidents (governmentally) and everything in-between (economically), I think one would reasonably have to come to this conclusion: It’s all going down. **laughs without humor** It’s happening now, in real time.

I’ve organized the following headlines. I’m going to read them very quickly. I’ve organized them into three categories, with the hopes that our eyes and hearts would be open to the urgency and the lateness of the hour in which we live. I’m going to read first the headlines religiously, then second governmentally, then third and finally, economically.

And as I do, I want you to listen for two words. They’re not necessarily directly in the headlines that I’m about to read, but I just want you to listen for them. The two words are “destruct” and “reconstruct.” And here’s why: once we, as the Bride of Jesus Christ, are out of the way, with the restraining of the Holy Spirit (according to 2nd Thessalonians), then Sudden Destruction will come, and in so doing, it will pave the way for the reconstruction of a New World Order to come.

Here they are: quickly and first, religiously:

“Islamic Movement leaders warn of Israeli plan to destroy Al-Aqsa Mosque.” This is the Dome of the Rock there on the Temple Mount. [Both mosques are located on the Temple Mount, but they are separate.]

“Al Qaeda vows to slaughter Christians after U.S. liberates Syria.”

“Pope Francis assures atheists, ‘You don’t have to believe in God to go to Heaven.’”

“Pope seeks historic easing of rigid Catholic doctrine.”

“Pope warns Church must find balance or fall like a house of cards.”

“Pope Francis: 'Church too focused on gays and abortion.'”

“The Pope separates Jews from Israelis.”

“200 million Europeans see Israel as Nazi state.’

Governmentally:

“Government shutdown looming over Obamacare sequester.”

“Detroit government shuts down power because residents didn’t conserve electricity.”

“Egyptian government forces raid pro-Mursi town of Kerdasa.”

“Egypt arrests prominent Muslim Brotherhood spokesman.”

“Egypt army storms Islamist-held town.”

“‘No time left for negotiations with Iran:’ Israeli minister.”

“Hinting at dismay with Obama, Prime Minister says Israel can rely only on itself.”

“Official: ‘Obama and Netanyahu to meet in Washington on September 30th.’” Also Abbas, of the Palestinian Liberation Organization-- **covers his mouth as if to take back his words** Oh, I’m sorry: they don’t want to be called that anymore! --will also be meeting with the President.

“Putin to visit Iran for the first time in six years.” Are you guys feeling me here? Is this Isaiah 19, Egypt? Isaiah 17, Syria? Ezekiel 38, Russia and Iran?

“Turkey downs Syrian helicopter, claims it violated airspace.”

“Implications of U.S.-Russia agreement about Assad.”

“Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition.”

Economically:

“Al Qaeda leader urges small-scale attacks in U.S. to,” quote, “bleed America economically.” How’s that one? Have a nice afternoon!

**with his hands out to the sides in puzzlement** “Obama: ‘Raising the debt ceiling does not increase our debt.’” **congregation finds that amusing** Though it has, over a hundred times.

“U.S. House passes budget bill that would defund health care law.”

“Cabinet establishes team to evaluate reducing the use of cash.” Aha! How convenient!

“Gas prices set record: 1,000 days above $3 a gallon.” Saudi Arabia! Oil, natural gas, Israel: the hook!

“American poverty figure edges up to 46.5 million.”

“Why a U.S. recovery may send Treasury’s dollar crashing.”

“Analysts: ‘Republicans go for broke in fiscal battles.’”

“Food Stamp use rises: some 15% get benefits.”

“Study: ‘U.S. debt obligations--’” You ready for this number? “‘70 trillion.’”

“4 in 5 in U.S. face near poverty: no work.”

How about this one? “National debt, stacked in dollar bills, would stretch from the Earth to the Moon 5 times.”

“Study: ‘Record number 21 million young adults living with parents.’” Most of whom are here in Hawaii, I think. **laughs** For obvious reasons, by the way.

“U.S. blows out $16.7 trillion debt limit.”

I would suggest that while these headlines paint a very bleak picture of how the world is falling apart, they also paint a perfect picture of how Bible prophecy is coming together. And here’s the thing: how one responds to this becomes a litmus test, and as such, reveals where one is at in their relationship with Jesus Christ.

Simply put: if this is exciting, it’s not because you’re demented and morbid and-- No, it’s because you’re right with the Lord, and you’re ready for the Lord and His Soon Return.

Conversely, if this terrifies you, the reason is that you’re not right with the Lord. And that’s why you’re not ready for the Lord: because you’re not right with the Lord.

And I cannot offer you a false hope and encourage you, because if I were to do that and you don’t know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, it would be disingenuous at best, deceptive at worst.

And I’ll stand before God one day and have to give an account for what I told you and taught you from the pages of Holy Writ. And the bottom line is, unless you’re born again, you will not see the Kingdom of God. You cannot go to Heaven unless you’re born again, and you cannot be born again unless you call upon the name of Jesus Christ, the only name given among men whereby we must be saved.

He’s the only way to the Father; He’s the only Truth, the only Way, the only Life. There’s no way to the Father except through Him.

I’m convinced that sometimes it’s not just easy or simple, it’s that it’s too simple. It’s too childlike-simple. And maybe that’s why people won’t become as a child to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, to be born again of the Spirit of God.

If you’re here this morning -- and I assume nothing, even if you’ve been coming here for many months, maybe even years-- If you don’t know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will not go up in the Rapture. I don’t know how else to tell you that.

And I say that to say this: you need to get right with the Lord. You need to call upon the Lord. You need to be born again. Today. You need to confess your sins. You need to confess Him as your Lord and Savior.

And then He in turn will give you the Holy Spirit that will indwell you and seal you for the Day of Redemption.

I don’t have time, but I want to give you two passages in the gospel of Matthew that give us the assurance that: a) we need not worry about a thing. We need not fear about anything. [no “b)” was mentioned]

And the first one is in Matthew 6, verses 19 through 34. And here’s the gist of it. It’s the famous Sermon on the Mount. I like to call it “the Sermon on the Amount,” because that’s what He talks about: treasures on Earth. Wherever your treasure it, there will your heart be also.

And in this passage of Scripture you will find the cure for worry, the antidote for fear. And there are no side-effects, by the way. So if you ever see a commercial, you’re never going to hear that real -- you know, with that soft music in the background as it’s playing, and -- **in a serious-yet-sensational voice** -- “Possible side effects are internal bleeding, brain damage, and death!”

And you know you’re thinking, “Really, I’m going to take this for the-- And the side effects are worse than the thing I’m taking it for-- Uh: not going to happen.”

In other words, there’s no pill that you can take, but there is a passage of Scripture that has been given, and it’s Matthew 6, 19 through 34.

Finally, let me say this: This is why I believe we’re not going to be here when all of this goes down. And you can accuse me of escapism, and I will just say -- I’ll be the first to say -- **waving a hand in the air** -- “Guilty as charged!”

Especially from those well-intentioned brothers and sisters who do not believe in a pre-Tribulation Rapture. And they’ll say to you something like, “Well, you just want to escape!”

I’m like, “And you don’t. You don’t want to escape? You want to be here for this?”

“Yeah. I’m going to roll up my arm sleeves and pull myself up by my bootstraps, and I’m going to fight!” **waving a fist in the air**

And I’m going to say, “Aloha!” **congregation laughs** “See ya! Wouldn’t want to be ya!”

Matthew 24, verses 36 through 42: Jesus describes -- here’s just a summary judgment, for lack of a better term. Jesus describes what it’s going to be like when the Rapture happens. And the description He gives is clearly a world that is going about business as usual, as the world did in the days of Noah. They were buying and selling, and marrying and given in marriage, and building and planting, and doing business, and buying and selling!

And then -- one’s taken, one’s left.

So how do you reconcile a global catastrophic event that would render this world unable to buy and sell, and do business as usual, and build and plant, and get married and give in marriage? **shakes his head** You can’t reconcile that.

So that’s what tells me that we’re not going to be here when this thing goes down -- **emphatically** -- and it will.

One last thing. (And this will be the last last thing of the last things that I said.)

This is really going to happen. It’s really happening now, isn’t it? It’s beginning to come to pass now.

Were it not for all of the prophecies collectively, in tandem, in concert one with the other, being in play presently in real time, then I would be willing to acquiesce to the notion that -- you know, maybe this isn’t it. But I’m having considerable difficulty, especially as the days go by -- and I mean literally the days. Not the weeks anymore, not the months, certainly not the years.

Almost with every passing day, I’m becoming increasingly convinced that this is it. And I say that under the banner, again, of saying I would rather have us be ready and have this not be it, than have this be it and have us not be ready. **shrugs**

Let’s pray.

Lord, Maranatha. Come quickly! It looks like You are.

Lord, there are many of us, though, here in this wonderful church, that have loved ones, friends, family members who don’t know You and aren’t ready for You -- perhaps even in our midst this morning. And so, Lord, we would simply pray that today it would be the day of their salvation, that they would surrender to You, call upon You, and be saved.

We ask this in Jesus’s name. Amen.

And here's the video for those who prefer video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp-xuWU-0Uo&list=UUkz3m787ygph7Uvjxzngl-g&feature=player_detailpage

And a link to the video discussion thread:
I do not see a thread yet.

And Pastor JD's sermon notes (otherwise known as the short version) from Calvary Chapel Kaneohe. It’s not posted yet; look at this link and click on “Prophecy Update 2013-09-22” when they get that up:
http://www.calvarychapelkaneohe.com/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons&Itemid=136

At the link above, once it's posted, you will also be able to find a downloadable audio file (at the bottom of the page for the particular Sunday Update you’re looking for).

Thanks again, Perian!!

Thank you for your hard work Perian!!!!

oh, for sure,

Perian ~~ so exciting reading Pastor's teachings, thanks to you, sis ~~~ his insight is stirringly convincing we ARE in the end of this era of Grace, ~~

Thank you so much Perian... I so look forward to Pastor J.D.'s prophecy updates. This was a REAL WINNER as they all are. Fills my heart and soul with such high hopes.... that IT is gonna be SOON!!!

You're welcome and thanks for the flowers (and butterfly!).

I agree that this one is a winner!

Pastor JD has hit some big nails on the head. The world is crashing around us while the NWO rises and that comes with all lies and deceit to the utmost. This just is not our home any more. Thank goodness we know prophecy. How depressing if we didn't.

Email: victorychanter@raptureintheairnow.com

Perian, I just want to tell you how much I appreciate you doing this. Putting it in words allows me to read it at work when I can't watch videos. Thank you very much!

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com