Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Insignificant

2 in the Kohanim Gedolim of Anan and Kayafa, the word of God came to Yochanan, the son of Zekharyah, in the wilderness. 3 He came into all the region around the Yarden, preaching the immersion of repentance for remission of sins. 4 As it is written in the book of the words of Yesha`yahu the prophet, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness, 'Make ready the way of the Lord. Make his paths straight. 5 Every valley will be filled. Every mountain and hill will be brought low. The crooked will become straight, And the rough ways smooth. 6 All flesh will see God's salvation.'" ... 15 As the people were in expectation, and all men reasoned in their hearts concerning Yochanan, whether perhaps he was the Messiah, 16 Yochanan answered them all, "I indeed immerse you with water, but he comes who is mightier than I, the latchet of whose sandals I am not worthy to loosen. He will immerse you in the Ruach HaKodesh and fire, 17 whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his threshing floor, and will gather the wheat into his barn; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." 18 Then with many other exhortations he preached good news to the people, [Luke 3:2-6, 15-18 HNV]

“Movers and shakers” are people climbing the ladder of influence and success. Luke 3 mentions seven prominent leaders who exercised control in the society of their time. Roman Emperor Tiberias Caesar held the power of life and death over people in his far-flung empire. Pontius Pilate represented Rome as governor of Judea; while Herod, Philip, and Lysanias kept people in line at the regional level. Annas and Caiaphas served as high priests, taking their religious authority seriously.

While these power brokers flexed their political muscles, “the Word of God came to John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness” (v.2). Who could seem less important than this obscure man living in the desert and listening for God’s voice? What could John the Baptist possibly accomplish by “preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins”? (v.3). Yet multitudes came to John seeking truth, turning from their wrongs, and wondering if he could be the Messiah (vv.7,15). John told them, “One mightier than I is coming . . . . He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire” (v.16).

John’s life helps us understand what it means to be significant in God’s eyes. Like John, may everything we say and do point others to Jesus.

Lord, help us to surrender our desire for influence
and success to You. May our heart’s desire ever be to be
used by You to further Your kingdom.
Make our lives a living testimony of You.

Our surrender to God precedes His significant work in our life.

Insignificant
"Fair Use For Educational or Discussion Purposes"

Re: Insignificant

Amen Jonathan

Re: Insignificant

Amen !
bb

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com