<>
Return to Website

Welcome!

Please join us on our new website @:

Welcome To Rapture In The Air
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I think I am feeling an earthquake this moment..

My couch is moving..shifting slightly---but moving...as well as hearing windchimes chiming--I have them in my home..feels like a big truck going by......but there's no truck.........................................!!!!!!
Near Toronto Ontario Canada....

Email: steffiefree@rogers.com

Re: I think I am feeling an earthquake this moment..

I will go check the earthquake site at USGS site! Pray you are alright dear sister!!!

I think we had one out here in London Ontario around 1:45 this afternoon.

Hey, I was right:

2010 June 23 17:41:42 UTC

Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 17:41:42 UTC
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 01:41:42 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
19.2 km (11.9 miles)
Region
ONTARIO-QUEBEC BORDER REGION, CANADA

Earthquake shakes central Canada
Magnitude 5.5 quake moved the ground in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and several U.S. states

Toronto— Globe and Mail Update
Wednesday, Jun. 23, 2010 02:23PM EDT

Workers on Queen St. in Ottawa vacate their office buildings Wednesday following the earthquake, which lasted about 15 seconds and was strong enough to knock books off shelves.

Single Page View Share:
A magnitude 5.5 earthquake hit central Canada this afternoon, rattling buildings from Windsor to Montreal and several U.S. states.

The epicentre of the quake was in Quebec, 61 kilometres north of Ottawa, according to U.S. Geological Survey, and struck at 1:41 p.m.EDT.

Environment Minister Jim Prentice was doing an interview with CTV at its Ottawa bureau on the 14th floor of the World Exchange Plaza in downtown Ottawa when the tremour struck.

"I was on the air and suddenly my chair was moving," he said afterwards. "Fortunately I was at the end."

The sidewalks quickly filled with workers who decided to evacuate their buildings. Within minutes of the tremour, cellphone service in Ottawa was down, possibly because callers had overloaded the system, though the exact cause was not known.

The Globe's Ottawa bureau was evacuated at 1:43 p.m. The Toronto newsroom also shook.

Twitter users as far away as Springfield, Mass. and Traverse City, Mich. reported feeling tremors. A Globe reporter in Montreal said that city also shook.

A Toronto Police spokesperson said that there have been no reports of injuries in Toronto.

To follow our liveblog on your mobile device, click here

An eyewitness saw items flying off the shelves at a pharmacy in Gatineau, QC.

Sara MacIntyre, a spokeswoman for the Prime Minister, said Stephen Harper was in Ottawa at the time of the earthquake. Ms. MacIntyre said Langevin Block, which houses the Prime Minister’s Office, was not evacuated.

“Everyone’s OK. We were all not accustomed to the sensations obviously but recognized almost immediately what it was and everyone kind of grouped together," she said, noting that security guards checked in on workers.

The earthquake shook rooftops in neighborhoods just west of the capital's downtown core for about 20 seconds. It sounded like a squadron of jet fighters rumbling overhead. "The house and the trees were shaking," said Abela Sama, a nanny working in New Edinburgh who recognized it immediately as a minor earthquake. "I lived in the Philipinnes. There are always earthquakes and so I know how it feels."

Several residents on one residential street in the St. Clair West/Christie area of Toronto emerged from their homes within moments of the quake, which struck at about 1:50 p.m., and immediately began questioning one another about what had just happened.

"The house started shaking," said Michelle Mason. "It felt like there was a subway coming under the house. Dave [her husband] said, `I think that was an earthquake." She said there had been no damage inside.

Across the street, Peppe Tozzo, a 26-year-old musician and yoga instructor came out carrying his guitar, having just rescued a wobbling mirror that was about to fall on his way down the stairs. "The house was just flexing," he said. "I thought it was the wind." Meanwhile, his roommate, 27-year-old Ryan Gillies, was upstairs packing his belongings, and thought the shaking had been caused by a passing truck.

Standing on their porch, both men agreed it was a very strange experience. "I felt like it was a sonic wave from the G-20," joked Mr. Tozzo.

Just got back inside, our building @ work was evacuated because of the quake. Yes it was a 5.5, which is really something for us here in Ontario (Markham/Toronto area).

Wow...an Earthquake all the way over here. (very rare indeed).

YSIC
Brenz

WOW! that was fun. I was napping here in Toronto and my bed started shaking for close to a minute and I realized this is an earthquake, so strange just as the G20 starts this weekend. I was downtown with my brother and 2 friends a couple of days ago at the harbour front, there were dozens of UFO's in the sky and no one noticed but they were everywhere. Jesus is coming!!!

Wow! You were in the midst of a "history making" event! Why wait for the news when God has His people positioned to give warning before it hits the media! I pray that you are safe!

Email: thewritersinkhorn@yahoo.com

This is interesting, a quake up there!

I sometimes think how Canada is always so quiet, and nothing to my memory ever happens up there as it does here and around the rest of the world!

I was thinking something similar as was posted...the G8 is HERE (tomorrow but some are arriving now) and the G8, could be a warning????

The quake only lasted 7 seconds btw...it was a wake up call, that I am sensing.

YSIC
Brenz

What will they be mulling over at this G8???

Oh my goodness. I just mentioned Obama and weird UFO's sightings around this guy!!!!!!!!!
Where'd you see the UFO sightings. Was it announced on the News at all? I heard nothing..
Is there a connection between him and Ufo's and disasters? Like earthquake today?
Watch this video please and then tell me ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPtaMgqOwL4

The video was linking the Obama's policy change toward Israel and it coinciding with the oil explosion well disaster. No coincidence.

That was it, no UFO's.

I wish someone had videoed them.

Email: newskinagain167@yahoo.com

UFO sighting at Obama's Inauguration...
here's the video...

http://dailyradar.com/beltwayblips/video/analysis_of_cnn_obama_ufo_ovni_object_at_inauguration_1/

<>
Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com Free Java Chat from Bravenet.com