Texas Tournament Series Message Board

Flag football

Texas Tournament Series Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Meet Dave Bergquist Law Firm

Ten questions with Lance Walters, co-captain of David Bergquist Law Firm.

TFF3: How long has DBL been playing flag football?
Walters: Exactly one year now

TFF3: How did it start?
Walters: David Bergquist, the founder, and I started the team. Then we wanted more of a challenge so we started recruiting for the competitive league.

TFF3: If you could describe the current DBL team in one sentence how would you describe the team?
Walters: On the rise.

TFF3: DBL bounced around dominating rec leagues for a while before jumping into the comp leagues in 2010. How has the transition been for the team?
Walters: It was a wake up call for some. The transition has been frustrating but fun, and steady.

TFF3: It could easily be argued that, despite DBL’s comp league record, you are the most improved team in Houston this year? What do you need to do to continue to improve as a team and how good can this team be?
Walters: We had one bad season due to injuries and schedule conflicts. We need to do a better job of having our core players show up. We just need to work on consistency and learning the game more.

TFF3: Who’s your biggest rival in Houston?
Walters: Probably Pub Fiction. It is a competitive but friendly rivalry that has yielded some great games. Then there is Storm. They are the best and we want to beat the best.

TFF3: If you could have one player from another Houston team who do you choose and why?
Walters: We lack the "ultimate playmaker." Also, our team prides ourselves on class so in our opinion, Jarrod Fuller would be a great addition. He just gets it done without saying one negative word. ESPN's Chris Mortenson reports DBL is prepared to offer a max free agent deal to Fuller in the off-season.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com DBL is currently ranked unranked. Where should DBL be ranked locally?
Walters: We are a top 10 team in the area no doubt. By the end of the year, a top 5 team.

TFF3: Will DBL be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think DBL will do?
Walters: Doubtful. It falls on a bad weekend. It would be fun!

TFF3: Player to watch for the Bayou Bash and why?
Walters: Has to be (former Iowa State QB/WR) Austin Flynn. The HS football coach will not be there on Saturday, but if DBL can make into the A or B division, look for him to put them over the top.

Re: Meet Dave Bergquist Law Firm

I just gotta say this team right here could be alot better then what they are. Yall got a big tight end/slot receiver that is fast for a big man. but i saw you say that yall are lacking the "ultimate playmaker". now i know yall have flynn as one but he is yalls qb but last time we played yall i dont think yall threw to yalls other playmaker. I played against williams in arena and he is a big time receiver and you gotta be good if he played at kansas for a lil bit. i know he is a humble guy n doesnt ask for the ball but yall could be alot better tho. cause if yall dont wanna use him the jaguars sure will lol. but good luck this sat/sun!

Re: Meet Dave Bergquist Law Firm

This Bergquist team is much better and more experienced than the one they brought to the Spring Classic earlier this year. With or without Flynn this is the up and coming team in Houston for 2010, in my opinion. They remind me of Pub Fiction in 2009 and I expect them to be a real force locally in 2011 as they continue to learn the game. Enjoy playing them now because you may not feel the same way by the time the next Spring Classic rolls around.

Meet Tuna Can Jones

Ten questions with James Warnica, captain of Tuna Can Jones.

TFF3: How long has Tuna Can Jones been playing flag football?
Warnica: We started in December 1998 as the "Clown Punchers". We dominated a bad league up in Spring, TX.

Warnica: When I got out of school in 1998, I moved to Houston and started the team with a few guys that I knew. We picked up whoever we could find, including an 18 year old kid named "Seminole" Greg Harless. Seminole and I are the only two guys who started on that original team that are still playing

TFF3: If you could describe the current TCJ team in one sentence how would you describe the team?
Warnica: We're a good mix of experience and talent.

TFF3: When looking at rankings over the past two years how has TCJ continued to climb the charts?
Warnica: There's two reasons. The obvious answer is adding Kenny Brunette and Jarrod Fuller -- I feel like those guys are two of the top players in the state. In addition, the Tuesday night sportsplex league has become without question the toughest league in the state. All the best teams in Houston compete on a weekly basis and playing against that level of competition really forces you to step your game up.

TFF3: TCJ finished last season in the Houston comp league with a perfect 10-0 record including wins over all the big boys (Storm, Gators, etc). Why the disparity between TCJ’s stellar comp division results and mediocre tournament results?
Warnica: Well, we were actually 9-1. The Gators beat us to ruin our perfect season. But as to the question, I think our recent tournament results have been pretty impressive over the last year . . . at least for a team that a few short years ago was lucky to win a game or two in a tournament

Warnica: I'd probably have to say Storm, just b/c we've been playing against them for the last 10 years. Though upstart Pub Fiction came out gunning for us when they first got started playing, so they kind of lit a fire under us to continue to improve -- we didn't want to lose to them. (Editors note: Tuna Can Jones has lost 3 of the last 5 meetings with Pub)

TFF3: If you could have one player from another Houston team who do you choose and why?
Warnica: I'm partial to pass rushers. If you have a good pass rusher, you're going to have a good defense. Having said that I'm not sure which one I'd pick up.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com TCJ is currently ranked #5. Where should TCJ be ranked locally?
Warnica: #4

TFF3: Will TCJ be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think TCJ will do?
Warnica: Yes, we do plan to play. We finished 3rd in the Spring State tournament in San Antonio. It would be nice to improve on that.

Warnica: Brunette and Fuller. Like I said, they're two of the top players in the state. Teams have a choice of single covering them, which is a bad idea, or trying to get creative and cover them with multiple guys, which frees up our other players to make plays

Meet the Houston Gators

Ten questions with Stephen Winters, captain of the Houston Gators.

TFF3: How long have the Gators been playing flag football?
Winters: The Gators have been playing as the Gators for 2 years now, Most of the guys have been playing for at least 7 to 10 years

Winters: The Gators started because I was tired of the talent being spread out on a few teams. Wanted to get them all together and make a tournament team

TFF3: If you could describe the current Gators team in one sentence how would you do so?
Winters: This Gator team is maturing but still has room for improvement

TFF3: The Gators were knocked out of the comp division playoffs last season in the quarterfinals after winning the title the prior season. Was it a fluke or are the Gators in trouble?
Winters: Well we won 3 straight championships prior, wouldn’t say it was a fluke because we would be taking credit away from the team that beat us. We just didn’t play well that night. We know if we play to our potential we can beat anyone.

TFF3: The Gators have been criticized in the past for playing B division tournament ball with A division talent. What do you say to your critics?
Winters: What people don’t know is we were upset in April when we didn’t get to play A in the last tournament. We were beat out by Pub Fiction for the last spot. We would have been happy to swap spots with Pub for that A spot. We have made it a point that we are an A team so no more B for us.

Winters: Rival for us would be SA Trojans. We have split the 8 times we have played them

Winters: Well since the Sleepers have retired we have picked up Skits, hell of a rusher, Player that we would like to have full time would be either Dafford from the NL Titans or Byron from the Sleepers (refs now)

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com The Gators are currently ranked #3. Where should you be ranked?
Winters: #3 is fine with us. We know we are better though

TFF3: Will the Gators be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think you’ll do?
Winters: Yes, we will be attending the State Tournament this year. This will be our 1st A State tournament so I know it will be tough. We all want to win this for sure.

Winters: Tough to say, Jojo from the Gators, when on his game is amazing, Cotton as well. Really just depends on what teams show up!

Meet Team Pub Fiction

Ten questions with Wyatt Parker, captain of Team Pub Fiction.

TFF3: How long has Team Pub Fiction been playing flag football?
Parker: TPF has been together for close to 3 year but for almost 2 of the three years the team has played in at lest two leagues a week. I think this has accelerated the learning curve.

Parker: Sam Smith and Brian Broussard got some guys together for the Bayou Bash in 2007. After getting blown out they didn’t play again for a few months. But then in 2008 they found enough guys committed to playing and it grew from there.

TFF3: If you could describe the current TPF team in one sentence how would
you do so?
Parker: Nice mix of game changers and role players

TFF3: When looking at ranking's over the past two years how has TPF continued to climb the charts?
Parker: TPF prides it self on organization. Most newer teams struggle with the logistics and organization needed to become a tournament grade team. Organization is one area where TPF excels.

TFF3: With the September upset of Storm TPF has now beaten every team in Houston they’ve faced. Have they earned respect yet?
Parker: TPF is on the map. We feel that, on a good day, we can beat anyone in the state. Tournament wins in 2010 over FW Rams, SA Gators, SA 210 Bandits, etc proved that.

Parker: TPF.

TFF3: If you could have one player from another Houston team who do you
choose and why?
Parker: We've been successful developing our own prospects, although it would be nearly impossible to turn down commitments from players like Kenny, Jarrod, Alex, Basso, etc. Lots of great players in Houston.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com TCJ is currently ranked #7. Where
should TPF be ranked locally?
Parker: I think there are 4 to 5teams that are head and shoulders above everyone else in Houston. I like to think of us in that top tier.

TFF3: Will TPF be attending the state tournament in College Station this
year? How do you think TPF will do?
Parker: TPF will be attending the state tournament and, just like every other team at the tournament, our goal is the championship.

Parker: TPF has some game changers but getting the ball in their hands lies entirely on first year QB Sam Smith. And the absence of starback Keith Kyser puts Jelani Kendrick in the spotlight.

Meet the Houston Cyclones

Ten questions with Chip Lartigue, captain of the Houston Cyclones.

TFF3: How long have the Cyclones been playing flag football?
Lartigue: The Cyclones originally started in 2007. We came from the HFFL (Houston Flag football League) and started our run in the XFFL early 2007. We played from 2007 to 2009. I then took a break from running my team to play with another team for about a 1 1/2yr.

Lartigue: We started as a spin-off from another team called the “Blue Chips” that played in the HFFL from 2003 to 2006. The Blue Chips took a 1 yr break and we came back in 2007 as the Cyclones.

TFF3: If you could describe the current Cyclones team in one sentence how would you do so?
Lartigue: The 2010 Cyclones are a team of special guys, God loving guys with tons of talent

TFF3: The Cyclones have compiled impressive regular season records in the Houston comp league but haven’t advanced past the quarterfinals in the playoffs. What’s happened and what do the Cyclones need to do to remedy the problem?
Lartigue: It's not really a problem. We have had a number of injuries that have sidelined half of our team. With that said this team has only played in two leagues together which is about 3 months against some of the best experienced tournament teams (Storm, Gators & Tuna Can) around. I see growth that others may not see. Once I have gained the needed chemistry and required experience needed to become a elite team the only thing people will be asking is “how many more championships can the Cyclones win?"

TFF3: The Cyclones went to San Antonio in August and did very well- placing higher (4 of 22) than reputable state teams like SA Trojans, SA 210 Bandits, FW Texans and Temple D-Premium. Can the Cyclones repeat that success at the Bayou Bash?
Lartigue: I feel that we can repeat that success if we play as a team as we did in San Antonio. It will be more difficult to do this time around because teams will not take us lightly as they did before, but this will only push use to fight harder to achieve our team goal and that is to win.

Lartigue: At this point I honestly can’t say we have a rival. We haven’t reached that rival mode yet. A rivalry in my opinion is between teams that play each other regularly in big games that matter, such as championships & tournaments.

Lartigue: That’s a very difficult question because there are so many excellent players out there. If I had to choose based on needs and on what is needed to have the foundation for a great team I would choose a rusher and it would be Skits. He's a man of God, he's experienced, and he's RELENTLESS.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com The Cyclones are currently unranked locally. Where should you be ranked?
Lartigue: We should be ranked right where we are because we have not done anything for us to be ranked. Once we as a team gain the chemistry that I’m working towards, that question will not have to be asked, we will be ranked accordingly.

TFF3: Will the Cyclones be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think you’ll do?
Lartigue: At this time all Cyclones are onboard with playing in the state tournament. How do I think we will do? Failure is not an option.

Lartigue: James (QB), and if Scoota gets healthy you better watch both of them. When they link up, it’s something to see. But James is the key that starts our team’s engine. When he is on, he is an awesome young player.

Meet Houston Rage

Ten questions with Cyrus Hussain, captain of Houston Rage.

TFF3: How long has Houston Rage been playing flag football?
Hussain: I want to say that we started back in 98 or 99.

Hussain: I was playing with The Hurricanes and a few friends from high school put Rage together and wanted me to come throw the ball for them.

TFF3: If you had to describe the current Houston Rage team in one sentence how would you do so?
Hussain: We have been in a rebuilding year had most of our core guys fall off due to life and kids.

TFF3: Houston Rage still plays ball at a very high level but that hasn’t materialized into any 2010 league titles and, lately, Rage has been middle of the pack in league play. Is Rage’s comp league in 2010 vs. 2009 a reflection of better competition or Rage’s struggles?
Hussain: Well, the comp in Houston has gotten a hell of a lot better these last 2 years and we hit the limit on our salary cap. I guess I can say we are like the Texan's in need of a coach and gm.

TFF3: Rage has been continuous in league play but absent on the tournament scene in 2010. Is this a glimpse of the future of Houston Rage?
Hussain: No have have just been busy with life this past year and most of the guys have been having kids and getting married, We do not want to show up for tourneys and not play and a high level. but on the other hand we will be at the rest of the tourney this year.

Hussain: Without a doubt it would have to Storm we have been playing them for 10 years now and most of the time they are pretty good games. We like their style and the guys on there team.

Hussain: There are so many great players in Houston now it would be hard to just pick one. But if I had to it would be Kenny (Brunette) from Tuna Can Jones. he fits our style of play the best.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com Houston Rage is currently ranked #4. Where should Houston Rage be ranked locally?
Hussain: I do think that we have fallen a bit this past year so I would have to drop us a spot or two but that is the bcs ranking and those **** computer rankings are never right.

TFF3: Will Houston Rage be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think Rage will do?
Hussain: Yes we will be at state and looking at a top 5 finish if we can get the guys out to league night to use that as practice.

TFF3: Player to watch for the Bayou Bash and why? Hussain: Jerry, Rusty and Tabb. These guys are just playmakers.

Meet Balls Deep

Ten questions with Bill Williams, captain for Balls Deep.

TFF3: How long has Balls Deep been playing flag football?
Williams: Been together for a little over a year now

Williams: I work with guys that I played with in highschool and college and somehow flag football got brought up in the conversation and we ran with it. Haven't looked back since.

TFF3: If you had to describe the current Balls Deep team in one sentence how would you do so?
Williams: Still developing with alot of talent.

TFF3: What leagues and tournaments has Balls Deep participated in? Many of the teams in the tournament know one another. Does Balls Deep have an advantage or disadvantage with its unfamiliarity at the tournament level?
Williams: League City & Friendswood Leagues. I think we have a huge advantage since teams wont know what to expect from us. It's also a disadvanatge as well not knowing how the other teams fare.

TFF3: What’s your vision for this team? How good can Balls Deep be?
Williams: This team can be one of the best teams in the Houston area, we just gotta keep pushing forward.

Williams: HaHa! Not sure who it would be probably the ThunderCats

Williams: Not sure but I'll tell you after this Tournament!

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com Balls Deep is currently unranked. Where should Balls Deep be ranked locally?
Williams: Hopefully after this tournament and upcoming tournaments we will be among the top 20 in the Houston area.

TFF3: Will Balls Deep be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think you’ll will do?
Williams: Yes we will be attending, I believe that we will do well.

Williams: I'd have to say Paul Johnson & Nathan Burbach are all around good players, and recently added QB Chris Dunkin should bring alot of help to the offense

Re: Bayou Bash- Meet the Houston Teams

Sam,

Just curious why you havent interviewed All Madden yet. Can a team get some love or what.

Re: Bayou Bash- Meet the Houston Teams

I emailed Chris and he said he was playing with the Headhunters from Austin. Is All Madden or SPARQ playing?

Meet the Bayou City Cowboys

Ten questions with Quintus Bratton, captain for the Bayou City Cowboys.

TFF3: How long have the Bayou City Cowboys been playing flag football?
Bratton: The Bayou City Cowboys have been playing together as a team for a year and a half.

Bratton: The team started with a vision from the team captain who played flag football on a nationl circuit.

TFF3: If you had to describe the current Bayou City Cowboys team in one sentence how would you do so?
Bratton: The Bayou City Cowboys are competitive and experienced, yet fast & fun.

TFF3: What leagues and tournaments have the Bayou City Cowboys participated in? Many of the teams in this tournament are familiar with one another. Do the Bayou City Cowboys have an advantage or disadvantage with its unfamiliarity at the Bayou City Bash?
Bratton: The BCC's have competed in leagues in The Woodlands, Atascasita, and in Houton.. I believe the advantage for BCC would be that we have not competed in a MAJOR State Sanctioned tournament, and can surprise teams.

TFF3: What’s your vision for this team? How good can the Bayou City Cowboys become?
Bratton: My vision is to continue to compete in local leagues, then to major tournaments, to state tournments and on to a national tournament. As for how good we can become.....the sky is the limit.

Bratton: Houston Rage.

Bratton: I don't have an answer for this one.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com the Bayou City Cowboys are currently unranked. Where should the Bayou City Cowboys be ranked locally?
Bratton: Respectfully, within the top 15 in the city of Houston

TFF3: Will the Bayou City Cowboys be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think you’ll will do?
Bratton: We did not participate in a sanctioned league that allows us to participate in the state tournament at College Station, but we would LOVE to participate. I believe we would finish within the top 12.

Bratton: Reginald Hilliard - EXPLOSIVE, QUICK, GREAT TEAM PLAYER & # 3 SAAVY SEASONED SMART PLAYER.

Meet the Next Level Titans

Ten questions with Christopher Davis, captain of the Next Level Titans.

TFF3: How long have the Next Level Titans been playing flag football?
Davis: 2006

Davis: We started the Titans late in 2006 as a way of bringing back everyone that played in the old 17-5A district. The original players consisted of folks who went to Madison, Worthing, Sterling, Westbury, Lamar, Bellaire, Lee, & Sharpstown. The team is sponsored by Vince Young.

TFF3: If you could describe the current Titans team in one sentence how would you do so?
Davis: To describe us in one word, I would use aggressive. Thats the type of ball we try to play and we play with emotion.

TFF3: The Titans play both 8 man screen and XFFL semi-contact? How does playing XFFL help or hurt the Titans when it comes to tournaments?
Davis: The X serves as a good practice ground for us and also provides fun on sundays since its more about bragging rights in the X. Players always tend to say well it would be a lot different if we had pads on. Well we dont wear pads but we do jam. However at the same we are the only team that does jam so for some of our current players who havent played in many tournaments it will be different for them.

TFF3: Compare Houston ’s 8 man screen leagues versus XFFL leagues. Who plays better ball? What XFFL teams don’t get respect in local and state rankings?
Davis: Depth wise, the better league is the Sportsplex Tuesday Night league but the top 5 or 6 teams in the X could easily compete in that league and be right there in the running for the championship. Its just that on Tuesday Nights u can never take a night off. I do think though that many of the teams in the Tuesday League wouldnt like the X cuz of that contact factor.

TFF3: Who’s your biggest rival in Houston ?
Davis: Our biggest rival in Houston would be the Gators. Simply because the Gators formed from the Titans so many of the Gators core players are ex Titans. We all still get along but having played with and against each other, every game is close, intense, and competitive. The Jaguars would be a close second for us.

Davis: Its a tie between Matt from Storm and Danny from the Gators. Matt plays with us in the X and everyone has a great comfort level with him on the Team. Danny is a natural athlete that can play a variety of spots and excel in all of them. Plus he is a former Titan and his attitude fits in perfectly with the teams.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com the Next Level are currently unranked. Where should you be ranked?
Davis: I think that us being unranked is a good thing for us. Lets us play with a chip on our shoulder. We dont deserve to be ranked since we havent played in a tournament in over a year and half before going to San Antonio in August. We had a good showing but not the outcome that we would have liked.

TFF3: Will the Titans be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think you’ll do?
Davis: Titans are going to State in College Station this year and we are expecting to win it. We have the experience as some of our core players have all went and played with other teams while we havent fielded a tournament team. Anything less than first place will be a disappointment for us.

Davis: I think everyone should be on the lookout for Dafford Coleman. He is pretty well known among the tournament circle for his play with the Gators but u always have to know where he is on the field. Someone that teams may not know about but will find out is Herbert Woods. We may be without some of our other top WRs for the tournament but Big Herb always makes a play when needed.

Meet the Houston Jaguars

Ten questions with Patrick Juneau, captain of the Houston Jaguars.

TFF3: How long have the Houston Jaguars been playing flag football?
Juneau: We have been around since 1998-1999

Juneau: I was playing for a team called Run-N-Shoot. Decided I wanted my own team and figured I could do better. So I went for it.

TFF3: If you could describe the current Jaguars team in one sentence how would you do so?
Juneau: We are a team that's getting better day by day, but we still have a lot to learn and achieve. We are a older team with a few sprinkles of young guys.

TFF3: The Jaguars play both 8 man screen and XFFL semi-contact. How does playing XFFL help or hurt the Jaguars when it comes to tournaments?
Juneau: The competition in the X is unbelievable. A lot of the teams were made from the X. Playing in the X keeps you on your toes and keeps your game at all time high, so when you come to the non-contact it makes the game easier

TFF3: Compare Houston ’s 8 man screen leagues versus XFFL leagues. Who plays better ball? What XFFL teams don’t get respect in local and state rankings?
Juneau: The Jaguars, the Gators and the Vipers play better ball. The Jaguars and Vipers (don't get enough respect).

Juneau: The Houston Gators. They are a hell of a team. I hate meeting those guy's. Talent across the board.

Juneau: Jay Davis (currently not playing, rehabbing at this time) Played for a team called Elevated back in the day. A hell of a baller and would love to have him on my team.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com the Jaguars are currently ranked #2. Where should you be ranked?
Juneau: Really surprised we are ranked that high, but I will take it.

TFF3: Will the Houston Jaguars be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think you’ll do?
Juneau: Yes, we will be there and ready to ball. Depending on what I guy's I take and how committed they are, if we have a showing like we did last year in state, we should do pretty well.

Juneau: Any team or player can have a break-out tournament, that's what's so great about tournament ball.

Meet All Madden

Ten questions with Chris Vela, captain of All Madden.

TFF3: How long has Madden been playing flag football?
Vela: All Madden has been around since 1996 with Josh McCree and Waylon Gossett wearing old time leather helmets to tourneys. I joined the team in 1999 and we have been going since then. The longest standing members are Kevin Timmons, Sen Tanh, and myself. There have been several iterations of the team and lots of good friends.

Vela: Most people remember the leather helmets, but the team really got going when we played the state tourney in 2000 hosted in Abilene. We won the $1000 cash prize at the Inaugural Houston Texan Tourney Matt Kacal masterminded during Hurricane Alicia I believe. After that we won a couple of smaller B tourneys, then decided to play A ball for a while.

TFF3: If you could describe the current Madden team in one sentence how would you do so?
Vela: In one word, misfits. We are a compilation of some guys other teams gave up on, people avoided because of bad attitudes, and then the sane ones that glue it all together. I am not one of the sane ones I've been told. But we try to play smart within a system and that usually gives us a chance to win.

TFF3: Madden, SPARQ, Uninvited Guests, etc. It’s hard to brand a team and gain recognition with so many team names, despite many of the players being constant. What factors determine which team you bring out?
Vela: Well, prior to some of these new teams within the last couple of years, I think Madden had one of the more recognizable names in Texas flag football. We went through a hard split a couple of years ago and changed to Sparq because that is what the shirts had on them and I think Team Nike would have brought about some lawsuit. We have always been Madden, but we needed to take a step back for bit so we went with aliases. Now, I think we are ready to take the name Madden on again and get back to having some fun which is why we play the game.

TFF3: Madden is combining with Austin Headhunters for the Bayou Bash this year. What advantages and challenges does that combination entail?
Vela: We were going to mix the teams, but Tony (Headhunters QB) had to stay in Austin for family reasons. The challenges would have been getting chemistry quickly and getting to know each other. The obvious advantage is combining 2 talented teams and having some extra players in a long tourney.

TFF3: Who’s your biggest rival in Houston ?
Vela: Well, we have been playing against Rage and Storm the longest, but lately we have had this back and forth thing going with Tuna Can Jones. They have a smart team with some good talent and are the most improved team as of late in my book.

Vela: Nice question....very loaded. Next question, LOL. We respect a lot of players on other teams for being team players and talented. But we have trouble getting some of the players we have on our team out on the field (not naming anybody in particular Alex, Sen, Tuyen), let alone trying to look outside the bubble.

TFF3: According to texanflagfootball.com SPARQ/Uninvited Guests are currently ranked #8. Where should you be ranked?
Vela: We are ranked? Huh. I used to pay attention to that a lot more, but we feel we have a good squad that can compete with any team. We just want to improve on the field and have a good time, the rankings can be skewed.

TFF3: Will Madden be attending the state tournament in College Station this year? How do you think you’ll do?
Vela: Yes, we plan on making the state tourney. Regardless of who is able to make it, if we protect the ball and play smart D, we will do well. The goal is to win, but we want to play our best and have fun.

Vela: The Asian Persuasions (Sen, Tuyen, and Loc). We pride ourselves on the eastern medicine we recruit and have on our team. Alex Batista is a solid rusher and can have a major effect on a game. Nick Knight, Mark Infante, and Timmons are playmakers as well. Hard to say which one or ones will step up. Hopefully a few.