Return to Website

Texas Tournament Series Message Board

Flag football

Texas Tournament Series Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5 Great Matchup we don't get...yet

Looks like there are some awesome matchups for the Bayou Bash in pool play. At 9am it kicks off with the FW Rams and Tuna Can Jones. If you're a fan of flag football you won't want to miss that game. But it also got me thinking- what great matchups did we miss?

Here are five matchups we won't see on Saturday but we'll cross our fingers for on Sunday.

5. Balls Deep vs. Bayou City Cowboys
Two young franchises could establish a nice cross town rivalry. Bayou City Cowboys hail from the north side while Balls Deep comes from the south side of 610. Both tems are just over a year old and have aspirations of developing a competitive tournament team.

4. Houston Gators vs. San Antonio Trojans
In a recent interview Gators captain Stephen Winters claimed the Tojans as their biggest rivals. Knowing how much the Gators normally talk I can only imagine the volume this game brings.

3. Next Level Titans vs. Houston Cylcones
With all due respect I've heard both of these teams referred to as "the gators' little brother". Well, if the Gators are the biggest brother its time to find out who's the middle child and who is still in the crib. Neither team is currently ranked locally and both should be. Athleticism not an issue.

2. Fort Worth Rams vs. Team Pub Fiction
Team Pub Fiction upset the Rams in Austin at the Captial City Classic back in March and knocked them out of the tourney early. As one of the premier teams in Texas for the past decade or longer you better believe the Rams were not happy with the outcome and would love a chance to teach the new kid in class a lesson.

1. Team Ice Cream vs. Tuna Can Jones
Both of these teams are undervalued at the tournament level but are well known and respected in their own respective cities. Both teams also embrace the underdog, underassuming role but don't be fooled- they both are organized and competitive. The biggest reason that this matchup lands the top spot, however, is because Tuna Can knocked Team Ice Cream out of TFFA state last year and a rematch between these two franchises may be the best game the Bayou Bash can provide.

Re: 5 Great Matchup we don't get...yet

gators are our younger brother we started this ****,people will know about us come state.we will win state and i said that d.coleman

Re: 5 Great Matchup we don't get...yet

Updates:

5. Balls Deep defeated Bayou City Cowboys in the first round of the C division playoffs. Balls Deep went on to win the C division crown.

4. Houston Gators and San Antonio Trojans did not meet.

3. Next Level Titans and Cyclones did not meet.

2. Fort Worth Rams defeated Team Pub Fiction in the first round of the A divsion playoffs. Fort Worth Rams went on to win the A division playoffs.

1. Tuna Can Jones defeated Team Ice Cream in the A divsion playoffs. Tuna Can Jones went on to place 4th in the A divsion.