Texas Tournament Series Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Pool 2

Teams: Gators, DFW Team Ice Cream, Rage, Fort Sam Rangers

Favorite: Gators

Match-up to watch: Gators vs. DFW Team Ice Cream (noon, Field 11)

Big questions: Can the Gators come out motivated? They may feel like they can coast. What tricks does TIC have up their sleeve? They are a big unknown but their reputation precedes them. Not sure if that’s what they want. What team does Rage bring out? It’s all about personnel with them. Can Fort Sam take advantage of a struggling Rage squad? Fort Sam may be the one #4 seed with a real chance.

Fearless Forecast: The Gators like to talk and they’ll have reason to do so by Saturday night with a 3-0 record and top seed in the A division. Team Ice Cream has all of Houston wondering what to expect and gets the state’s attention with a 2-1 record and low seed in the A division on Sunday after beating declining Houston Rage. This tourney may be a serious gut check to Hussain and his Rage teammates unless they bring out committed, talented squad but they still have the B division with a squeaky win over the Fort Sam Rangers.

Pool 3

Teams: Jaguars, Team Pub Fiction, FW Texans, Balls Deep

Favorite: Jaguars

Match-up to watch: Team Pub Fiction vs. FW Texans (10am, Field 8)

Questions: Can the Jaguars put TPF & FW Texans down early and run away with this division? Kenny Black is by far the most experienced QB in this bracket and should dominate. Can Pub Fiction continue to play well or crumble under higher expectations? Can the Texans come to Houston and prove Dallas domination? Can Balls Deep stay positive in such a tough bracket? They’ll need to use this experience to improve for future tourneys.

Fearless Forecast: The Jaguars are the easy favorite and Team Pub Fiction loses a tight one in the first ever match-up between these two franchises. I admit I’m biased but I think Pub Fiction pulls off a close one over the FW Texans. TPF and FW Texans both get B division bids this time around after both advancing to A last April in the Spring Classic hosted by Texan Flag Football.

Pool 4

Teams: All Madden, SA Trojans, Cyclones, Renegades

Favorite: All Madden

Match-up to watch: All Madden vs. San Antonio Trojans (1pm, Field 10)

Questions: How does All Madden gel with the Headhunters? Lots of talent and experience but I question the chemistry. Who is the #1 seed in this bracket- All Madden or Trojans? Can two teams in this pool make the A division for Sunday? Can the Cyclones be consistent enough on offense to compete with Madden and Trojans? Has the long layoff affected the Renegades or will they pick up where they left off?

Fearless Forecast: This pool is all about personnel. Madden and Cyclones both can bring out top notch talent or waiver wire fodder. I’m going against two sources on this one and sending the Trojans to the A division with a 3-0 record and a tough, close win over All Madden. The Renegades are back after several years away from the game and almost beat the Cyclones but end up as the favorite in the C division. The Cyclones lock down one of the last remaining B division slots but struggle offensively against the Trojans and All Madden.

Pool 5

Teams: SA 210 Bandits, Storm/Afterburners, Bergquist Law Firm

Favorite: SA 210 Bandits

Match-up to watch: SA 210 Bandits vs. Storm/Afterburners (1:30pm, Field TBD)

Questions: Can 210 avenge their Spring Classic tournament showing? Losses to two Houston teams sent them home disappointed after dominating pool play and earning a top 3 seed. Can Storm compete for championships without Matt Kacal at QB? They’ll have Kenny Brazzell from the Afterburners at QB but will there be enough chemistry to beat a tough Bandits team? No two ways around it- it always hurts to not have your normal QB. Can Bergquist compete with two A division teams, especially without Austin Flynn? They’re perhaps Houston’s most improved team but the standings may not show it.

Fearless Forecast: Not going to stray much on this one. If the Bandits bring a strong team like normal they should roll a depleted Storm squad. Bergquist doesn’t have the firepower to beat either of these teams unless they play out of their minds and that won’t happen until they get their full team on Sunday. But will that be too late?

Final Predictions

And my final predictions for A, B and C champions.

A Division: San Antonio 210 Bandits
They won TAAF's state A divsion earlier this year and that puts them as the favorites over FW Rams and Houston Gators.

B Division: Houston Tuna Can Jones
They have a tough division which lands them in the B divsion depite being one of the top 6 teams in the tournament. Man, it pains me to write nice things about TCJ.

C Division: Houston Renegades
If bergquist plays C divsion they bacome the easy favorite but I think they'll end up in B. The Renegades have taken a multi-year leave of absence but they're former experience gives them a leg up on Balls Deep, Bayou City Cowboys and the Fort Sam Rangers.

Re: Final Predictions

A
1. Gators
2. Rams

B
1. Titans
2. Bergquist Law Firm

C
1. Renegades
2. Rangers