Texas Tournament Series Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Pool 5

Teams: SA 210 Bandits, Storm/Afterburners, Bergquist Law Firm

Favorite: SA 210 Bandits

Match-up to watch: SA 210 Bandits vs. Storm/Afterburners (1:30pm, Field TBD)

Questions: Can 210 avenge their Spring Classic tournament showing? Losses to two Houston teams sent them home disappointed after dominating pool play and earning a top 3 seed. Can Storm compete for championships without Matt Kacal at QB? They’ll have Kenny Brazzell from the Afterburners at QB but will there be enough chemistry to beat a tough Bandits team? No two ways around it- it always hurts to not have your normal QB. Can Bergquist compete with two A division teams, especially without Austin Flynn? They’re perhaps Houston’s most improved team but the standings may not show it.

Fearless Forecast: Not going to stray much on this one. If the Bandits bring a strong team like normal they should roll a depleted Storm squad. Bergquist doesn’t have the firepower to beat either of these teams unless they play out of their minds and that won’t happen until they get their full team on Sunday. But will that be too late?

Final Predictions

And my final predictions for A, B and C champions.

A Division: San Antonio 210 Bandits
They won TAAF's state A divsion earlier this year and that puts them as the favorites over FW Rams and Houston Gators.

B Division: Houston Tuna Can Jones
They have a tough division which lands them in the B divsion depite being one of the top 6 teams in the tournament. Man, it pains me to write nice things about TCJ.

C Division: Houston Renegades
If bergquist plays C divsion they bacome the easy favorite but I think they'll end up in B. The Renegades have taken a multi-year leave of absence but they're former experience gives them a leg up on Balls Deep, Bayou City Cowboys and the Fort Sam Rangers.

Re: Final Predictions

A
1. Gators
2. Rams

B
1. Titans
2. Bergquist Law Firm

C
1. Renegades
2. Rangers