Return to Website

The FREE AMERICA USA WEB Times Forum

All Americans are welcome to offer their feelings, views, and opinions in support of our Troops. Friendly, civil conversation is welcome from everyone in keeping with the High Moral, Honest Standards Of Equal Justice & Freedom. This Forum is dedicated to the recognition of All American Service Men & Women who now, or have, in the past Served The United States of America with Honor and Distinction For Their Willingness To Give of Themselves In Protecting Others!

The FREE AMERICA USA WEB Times Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Duty, Honor, Country... some will never understand

Susan:
Thanks for sharing your message here.
I've been away for several weeks (busy at home, and up near D.C.)
We've had a new addition to the family, born on the 2nd of June. HER name is Chloe, and she's our first Little Lady with a Very happy brother of almost 3.
Sad to say. With reference to your message here. From recent personal experiences, as I'm sure you're aware. More Americans (of all ages) know more about the Micheal Jackson's, Tom Cruise's, and the reality show stars, than they know about Liberty, Freedom, and even survival during a time of WAR.
You can bet. Our men and women now in uniform are feeling the heat of excessive responsibilities, on repeated tours, while their families share the burdens here at home.
Thankfully though. For the rest of Us. We are blessed with young Americans (willing to wear the uniform) who know the values, and have the character needed to accept the huge burdens so freely.
Though the enlistment levels seem to be down, across the board in the military; have No Fear. We are far from shorthanded, no-matter how much the Politicians, and their bretheren in the so-called Main-stream Press cry wolf in their usual negative tones.
What many Americans simply will never understand (unless they've been in the military recently) is how sophisticated, educated, and honorable those now wearing the uniform are.
Of course. Our military's prime weapons are the people. However. Though I've been out of the Navy for nearly ten years now. I cannot forget how powerful, and able our military was, is, and will soon grow into.
There are many things, even I am forbidden to speak of so many years later, that would curl your hair, or make you think we nearly live in an age of STARWARS mentality....which is exactly the case. So, Don't Worry about whether WE can handle any problems.
I was a Radioman/Telecommunications/Satellite expert for many years; and as such. I had access to much of the most Highly guarded, Classified material known to man (which explains why I am forbidden for the next 50 years, to speak).
It may sound odd, hearing me make such a statement. And I wouldn't blame anyone for not believing me here. But. I can tell you. No matter how much the press, and some of our politicians cry, weep, or scream with their useless, baseless, often totally false statements to the contrary. THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT...Unless they Once wore the Uniform.
So. Please know. I have every confidence, no matter what anyone may say. Our nation isn't at risk now, except from the unknown's of future Terrorists who wish to kill all Americans.
The strength of our military has nothing to do with the abilities of any terror group. Terrorists are living among us, here at home. But our Military is fighting them in IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN; which is exactly where I'd prefer they keep the fighting.
Finally. I may have said it many times before on this, or other forums. But...the one, sure way our nation will bounce back from their complacency if, and only if, we are attacked again, as we were on September 11, 2001.
May God have mercy on every American who may become a victim of the next attack. We all know. Americans have very short attention spans. Sadly, something like another attack is the only way to get that attention again.
GOD BLESS
Jim
P.S. Unless you have lots of spare time. Think twice about writing a book. I never thought it would be as hard as it has become...but I'm nearly finished...Totally!