Return to Website

The FREE AMERICA USA WEB Times Forum

All Americans are welcome to offer their feelings, views, and opinions in support of our Troops. Friendly, civil conversation is welcome from everyone in keeping with the High Moral, Honest Standards Of Equal Justice & Freedom. This Forum is dedicated to the recognition of All American Service Men & Women who now, or have, in the past Served The United States of America with Honor and Distinction For Their Willingness To Give of Themselves In Protecting Others!

The FREE AMERICA USA WEB Times Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
War Memorials

Hi, I received this email from a new found friend in IL who participated in this year's return to the Middle East Conflicts Wall Memorial. This is a Wall Memorial that was founded by the IL Motorcycle Freedom Run. This is the second year that they have organized a motorcycle gathering to the wall. The first year, 12,000 bikers showed up; this year over 20,000 came. As was to be expected, the press was absent. Not even the local Chicago media reported on this gathering even though the motorcycle precession was over an hour long on the main highway. I've designed a plaque for them on my home page (bottom) http://www.facesofvalor.com

Susan - Maybe I can now write this letter/ it's tough with a tear in your eye. I first met this battle hardened Marine by panel one of the freedom wall, he was making a rubbing of one of his buddies names. As I approached to take his picture. I noticed tears streaming down his face, I asked if I could help, he said he had to do this, himself. 13 of his buddies had been killed in one action, I had then moved the video camera down and he thanked me for not invading his privacy as it was a moment he didn't want to share with anyone. Later on, from the stage, he read the names of his 13 comrades in arms that were KIA. He was so broken up he could hardly speak, and then when reading the name of his best friend, then he cried outloud.

The whole area became so silent you could hear a pin drop. Then after a few seconds, 20,000 of some of the toughest bikers I ever saw all hollered in unison " HOORAH " His shoulders had been slumped forward and his head bowed. When 'HOORAH' was shouted he snapped to attention this gave him time to gain composure and then tell us that he had the honor of naming his newborn son after his fallen comrade. As I looked around there was not a dry eye on the grounds. The feeling of love, respect and admiration was so strong you could literally touch it.

Sue I'm so glad I was there. There are no words in the english language that can describe the love felt. The 13 buddies family's couldn't afford the air fare and expenses to come in for the weekend. Some one with the Freedom Run picked up all expenses air fare, lodging and meals for 13 famlies.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Bill
P.S. I'll be there next year for sure