Return to Website

The FREE AMERICA USA WEB Times Forum

All Americans are welcome to offer their feelings, views, and opinions in support of our Troops. Friendly, civil conversation is welcome from everyone in keeping with the High Moral, Honest Standards Of Equal Justice & Freedom. This Forum is dedicated to the recognition of All American Service Men & Women who now, or have, in the past Served The United States of America with Honor and Distinction For Their Willingness To Give of Themselves In Protecting Others!

The FREE AMERICA USA WEB Times Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Sorry It's Been So Long, I've Missed You All LONG Part 2

Dear Connie,
Isn't it strange how things work out? You can't help but wonder if your son hadn't joined the military how long his medical issue might have gone on before being caught. You sound confident that things are such that he will be cured, so thank God for that. It's funny how things work out.

I hope your son doesn't feel like he let anyone down. His motivation for enlisting came from his heart and his heart is in the right place.

Ft Campbell is sort of my neck of the woods. I'm in Cincinnati, so it's a couple-300 miles away or so. I take it his wife is there with him. I bet she is greatly relieved. I know as a wife or mother, I would be!

It's neat you still got the phone cards going. I have a cousin just deployed. As of last week no one had an address for him. I'll make a call in the next couple of days, if they don't call me, and if it's OK, I'll forward his name to you. I'm sure he wouldn't mind to serve as a liason to distribute the cards.

It's nice to see you post, I'm definitely going to be checking the board more often. It's like rehooking up with old friends!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sorry It's Been So Long, I've Missed You All LONG Part 2

I'm going to start checking in more freqwently:-)

I still miss the old site. Thanks for your kind words. My son and his wife are doing well. Jason is doing well with his treatment and it may be that within 6 months he will join his unit and finish out the deployment. I believe it does bother him that he is not with his group. He now helps train new arrivals that just came through Basic and AIC and he said some of them have only 2 weeks before being sent overseas. I believe in a higher plan, both personal and universal. It's my belief that it comes from God. That said, it goes without saying that "God helps those that help themselves." :-)

The Phone cards operation is doing well and I welcome any Liason info you can send me, but I believe it needs to be a Staff Seargent, or Chaplain, etc.

I hope all of you are doing well and in good spirits.

Connie
A Proud Army Mom