Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Results, pleasei

It's my turn to write our report for the Comet and Mercury.

Please post your results from this weekend here.

Also please email any good photos to me at chair@nhrr.org.uk

Thank you!

Re: Results, pleasei

Sorry, that should have been 'please!', not 'pleasei'.

First 10k of the year for me today at a wet and windy Regents Park. No official time yet but my watch read 36:41. How long until the mid week league?

I ran the Milton Keynes festival of running Half today. I was really lucky with the weather as it was raining heavily all morning but decided to stop about 20 minutes before the start. The sun even came out now and again although the wind was cold and biting. I ran most of the race with soking wet feet as one of the underpasses at about one & a half miles was flooded 🌊. I was hoping to finish in under 2:20 but struggled in the last few miles (started too quickly) and finished in 2:24:53 which I am reasonably happy about considering how unfit I was at the start of the year. Still 2 months to go until the MK marathon so still plenty of time to improve. 👍

I did the Cambridge half this morning in 1:24:59 (chip time). Conditions were ok, if a little cold and rainy. The course was pretty fast and flat, out and back though the city center and a big loop along country roads. It was a PB, but my only previous half was the Baldock Beast in 2014...

Also noticed Jane Clarke in the results list at 1:42:03 (didn't see her in the 7000 other finishers!)

A few of us went to Hackney Marshes Parkrun on Saturday morning. It was Chris Poole's 100th different Parkrun, so it was a little bit of an event for him! I've copied the results for us below. Below that are Karen and Pete's results from the Bedford Parkrun.

PositionGender Position   Club   Run Time  
5 5 Darren MATUSSA North Herts RRC 00:17:50
72 66 Chris POOLE North Herts RRC 00:22:14
74 7 Katherine BURR North Herts RRC 00:22:19
75 68 Joseph SHERRY North Herts RRC 00:22:19
81 74 Stephen LUMMIS North Herts RRC 00:22:43

PositionGender Position   Club   Run Time  
21 21 Peter SIBBETT North Herts RRC 00:20:17
213 48 Karen DODSWORTH North Herts RRC 00:27:50

Great running from everyone at Hackney Saturday morning and well done to Chris on getting a PB at his 100th different parkrun, that shows true dedication and commitment to achieve that feat 👏
The event was won by Joseph Owen of Orion Harriers in a time of 16:13, his category was Junior Male 15-17 years old... Definitely a name worth looking out for in the future.

I did the Cambridge Half Marathon today in 1:42:03

Did the half marathon in the MK Festival of Running. Time was 1 hr 58 min. First half marathon ever so am quite happy with time. Couldn't have done without the fantastic support of NHRR

Now for some rest as apparently my recovery time is 111hr

Upwards and onwards

Milton Keynes 5 Km - 22:12 (chip time) Runner looking people seemed all in the Half or 10km sections. When I went to the 5k start point, it looked like almost Weight Watchers' Boot Camp in their sizes and shapes. I am a minute slower than last season over 5k, hope to get faster when I start the track sessions in spring.

Thanks for this Darren, much appreciated mate. Thanks also for coming with me for the day.

Pooley x

Hi Chris, do you know if there is still a group of people travelling up to Silverstone together on Sunday?