Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: London Marathon results

And one more result:

Jennifer Naisbitt 6:33:13

Many congratulations, Jen!

Wow!

Very well done everyone. Congratulations Rob on your Championship qualification. Amazing. Congratulations to John and Dan on your PBs. All your training has paid off.

Well done everyone, been virtually following everyone & wishing I was there. hope you enjoyed it PB or not.

Had a super day at the marathon - ideal for watching and running. Saw everyone at least once. Lots to admire from our NHRR squad - from JohnA at 35K striding by on his way to sub-3, through to debutantes Allison and Jen who have raised loads-a-money for their respective charities.

Superb effort by all!

James, you probably know this but just to confirm that my PB was a marathon debut. Really well done everyone. I won't write a long post now, but suffice to say I felt good to about 18miles but then slowed quite a lot and had to work extremely, extremely hard in the last few miles to dip under my target of 3:05. Massive thanks to all the supporters, including Astrid when I was sprinting (sprinting slowly) at 400m from the finish.

Well done everyone! The new vests were so distinctive when we were looking for you in the sea of runners. Enjoy your rest, you deserve it.

Great day everyone. Well done on all the superb performances.

Brilliant results. I had everyone on a tracker, it was very exciting. Spotted john(I think), Jane and Nick on TV,

Also Andrew Hull was running, 4:21:41

Fantastic everyone - there are some really brilliant times there! I hope you are all really pleased with yourselves, enjoyed it thoroughly and are already planning the next one! Halstead is still open...

Mine was a PB by 3 seconds does that count? Realised I was losing it by 16 miles but resisted the urge to start walking and cry.

3 seconds counts...and very well done for working though your tough patch x marathons are hard!

Fantastic day! Amazing crowds. I missed a few people at spots, but when I did spot people it was brilliant! Sorry to anybody I missed.

My favourite bit was passing the NHRR group at 13M, my team were 10 meters earlier too. I spotted the NHRR gear and then spotted my family. Amazing! I could have run forever on that high.

Seeing Astrid and Steve was also brilliant, I was looking forward to seeing you guys so much!

I got many high fives on route, I had enormous fun, coupled with quite a bit of pain too.

When I finished I burst into tears. I worked so hard, and was brilliant to follow through on my goal. I literally had my eye on this for 12 months, I built up the mileage and then spent 16 weeks dedicated to achieving sub 3. Feels fantastic to achieve it.

Great having the other club members there too. Well done to all! Any finish time for a marathon is fantastic.

Thanks to everybody I trained with. Thanks to everybody that supported me and thanks to the coaches!

Well done all you marathon runners. I had lost interest a bit until I saw Jo's post the other day and these results are truly inspiring.

Well done, Babs, on the PB!

I have posted a few photos on our Flickr gallery:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhrr/

Amazing results by everyone well done.. fantastic day thank you NHRR for allowing me to do this through the club ballot it's a day I'll never forget, the support was amazing by everyone the whole way around.

I was really happy with my time considering I only did three runs over ten miles (due limited time caring for my beautiful 10 month old baby and new home jobs) and one being the disaster at oakley only three weeks ago.

The support carried me around I almost didn't believe the miles as they flew by so quickly and only started to feel the burn at 22 miles but made it around my 10th marathon in 4th quickest time mostly on positive and emotional power so very happy.

I owe the royals an apologie as well as I came to the finish line I thought they could of blooming waved to us all from the balcony, only to see them at the finish line supporting and handing out medals Will, Kate and Harry top stars.

Thank you again NHRR, I don't manage to get to training anywhere as much as I'd like but your the best club ever

Well done everyone yesterday! I'm very disappointed with my time, I have more excuses than a labour government however I just wasn't good enough on the day! Had an awesome day out though. Everything was going to plan until just after mile 14, I was a minute and a half up on my time and feeling fresh and strong then my legs started feeling like jelly for no reason what so ever, I've never had this feeling before, I tried fighting through it and managed to stay with the 3 hour pacer until just after mile 20 then my legs buckled from underneath me almost making me fall to the floor I still tried to keep going but it was then that I knew I wasn't making sub 3hrs. I tried walking for a bit to see if that would help but after that it was a struggle to run 100 meters without stopping. Thanks for Nick M and Adrian S for trying to get me going again but I was in a bad way. Thanks to everyone cheering on the course, you were all awesome. Thank you to Astrid and Steve for all your advice and support this week. Finally a big thank you to Karen who has helped me all the way through training, I've done a lot of my training on my own but have felt like I've had you on my shoulder the whole way, sorry I couldn't pull it off. This was going to be my last marathon however can't leave marathon running on this run so going to do one more at Riga in 3 weeks which will be my 7th (a good number to stop on), not going for sub 3 but just want a better run to end on.

Darren, that sounds like a real battle, well done for doing as well as you did in tough circumstances...

Well done Darren - I'm afraid there is only really one way to get used to those last 6 miles and that is by keeping doing them... Well done for keeping going and finishing. You may well surprise yourself at Riga...

I was following you all on the tracker and that was exciting stuff!!!

Well done everyone, you have inspired me to possibly have another marathon dabble

Congratulations to you all

Well done to all who ran. Congratulations to Rob on getting under 2:45, it was so close last time so definitely well deserved. Also a big well done to John - that was a very big and we'll deserved PB.

I would like to echo the thanks for the supporters on the course - there was a lot of noise when I ran past waving my handful of vaseline just past halfway.

It was just before Tower Bridge when I realised that I wouldn't be able to get my A goal and knew that the second half was going to be tough. Cramps started at mile 18 and were very painful from mile 21 onwards. There were so many casualties pulling up, staggering to the side, being dragged along by event staff - if those guys were still trying to get to the finish, I had to keep pushing. Ended up getting the right side of 2:45. Then got a bit emotional in a portaloo.

Other commitments have meant 5 runs a week has usually been my max, typically early morning starts which I try to tie in to my commute down to London during the week. I need to find some way of being more efficient in order to step up again next year!

Well done to everyone who ran, especially those who got the time they wanted. Those who didn't, there are plenty more races other than London, like Snowdonia, which I'll be doing again in October (it's not a PB course; it is a different and fantastic experience - running shouldn't be all about PBs...)

Well done Rob! Fantastic achievement and well deserved.

But also -

Quote: Rob H
running shouldn't be all about PBs...)
Couldn't agree more!

I was on the coach and and in Green start with lots of you NHRR guys and girls on Sunday (thanks for the company )

If you have not seen this, you may like to view.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p050lp8z/london-marathon-2017-london-marathon-finish-line

Thank you.

Well done to everyone and I'm sure the crowds helped you round. Definitely the best Marathon in the world.
Ian

A huge well done to all of you. John Auld - measured and clinical in execution - well done, you actually still looked steady when we saw you at 26m. We so looked forward to seeing all the NHRR runners. I think we spotted most of you. Now...rest and recover....