Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Night of the 10,000m PBs - minibus anyone?

Yes, please count me in for the school bus.

Advice welcome from those who have attended previously. Should we be bringing folding chairs or other vital equipment?

Great news on the school bus front! I'm still interested in going, but I would like to know what the planned leaving time is, please - any news on that? I won't be able to go if it's too early in the afternoon, unfortunately .....

Thanks for organising this. My preference would be to leave at around 4:00ish to get there in time for the talk. Looking fed to seeing Matt run.

Yes please.

One tip from last year is that food required you to queue for a very long time so you may wish to bring your own.

Really sorry but I will have to drop out of this one going to Canada next week and rushing about. Apologies, shout for Matt from afar.

Hi Jim sorry to hear you can't make it especially as I have made your favourite cake for the occasion,oh well never mind Mark will eat it

James

I would suggest taking a folding chair and warm / waterproof clothing just in case. We will probably be sitting next to, or on the track right next to Parliament Hill but if we are there all night it might get a bit cold. There is hot food / tea / coffee / beer available at the track, but with 2000+ spectators in attendance there may be large queues, so taking some sandwiches and a flask might be a good idea. Remember we will have to walk from the minibus to the track, so you will need to be able to carry everything. Last year I seem to remember I thought it would be a good idea to have a head torch......but again this depends where we park.

Unable to make this now as proposed departure time is unfortunately too early for me to manage - apologies, and I hope you all have a fab and shouty time 😉

Thanks, Mark. Sounds like a serious expedition! Will come suitably equipped....

I might be able to come along to this but will be on the train. What are you allowed to take in as "food and drink"? Clearly a slab of Stella is out of the question (I assume) but is it a strictly 'beer must be purchased on the premises' or would it be ok to take in a couple of bottles of ale? Not a deal-breaker but useful to know!

Great evening. Just awesome watching the speed of all the athletes. Thanks to Sue and Mark for organising this and Jo for providing the lift there and back.

Great to see Matt Leach again. What a star.

A must for next year and who knows we might have an athlete or two to cheer.

D

A hugely enjoyable evening in great company. The minibus lift was much appreciated, so thank you to Jo for her great driving and to Sue and Mark for encouraging people to attend.

And well done Matt Leach for showing he is now one of the country's best in the 'A' race.

Let's have even more there next year. And as Dickie says, it would be great to have some NHRR vests on the track for us to cheer.