Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Icelandic midnight sun run

On Friday, a friend and I travelled to Iceland to run the midnight sun half marathon. it was an undulating, pretty route passing glacial streams and waterfalls, and I'm sure at the top of the hills, had it not been raining, we would have seen magnificent views across the sea to the snow capped mountains. I hobbled round due to injury and limped in at 2 hours and 4 mins, after being up for nearly 22 hours! However it was a surreal experience, and we did glimpse the midnight sun through the rain clouds as we walked home - and it got us to Iceland which is the most amazing and spectacular country - which was witnessed the next day in glorious sunshine ☀️

Re: Icelandic midnight sun run

That sounds fab. I love seeing new places when running and Iceland is beautiful. Did you recover at the Blue Lagoon?

Rain, snow, cloud, ice??? You are not selling this to me! 2 hours sounds like a pretty good time to me in those conditions - I'd have been in a right sulk!

Well done Caroline - glad you enjoyed Iceland.

Michelle, we prepared, and recovered in hot pools - I have never been so clean!

Well done Caroline. It must have been an amazing experience despite the weather. Hope you recover soon.

I would do it, it sounds fun and different.
Well done Caroline

Well done Caroline glad you enjoyed it despite the rain, when I did it a few years ago it was a very hot evening, either way Iceland is amazing isn't it

That sounds fabulous. I think I'm going to add that to my list of to-do's!