Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Barrow 10-in-10 Challenge

Yes you guessed it, 10 marathons in 10 consecutive days. This was the 4th running of the GBC 10-in-10 and it continues to attract runners from all over the world - Ireland, France, Portugal, Poland, India and even China - and yes these are people who have travelled here specifically for the event (Pascal and Artur speak virtually no English and Sivabalan very little) rather than foreigners who now live here. This year about 40 of us took on the Marathon challenge and another 8 the Ultra challenge (run the marathon then go out on an extra 6 mile loop - madness!). There were also various runners doing as many (or few) days as they liked meaning that each day 50-100 runners set off.

Anyway...

Day 1 Wickhambrook 4.11
Day 2 Thetford 4.14
Day 3 Kirtling 4.04
Day 4 Newmarket 4.02
Day 5 The Circle 4.08
Day 6 Thetford 4.05
Day 7 Audi 4.06
Day 8 Kirtling 4.02
Day 9 Newmarket 4.03
Day 10 The Circle 4.01

Of the 10-in-10 marathon runners I was 2nd lady on day 1 (I let her know I was closing fast to give her a chance to stay in front) then 1st lady every other day and 1st lady (3rd overall) over the 10 days. Of all runners I was 2nd lady to finish on 3 other days but only to someone only running just the one day.

Needless to say I am quite pleased - particularly with my consistency which I hadn't dreamed of achieving!

Not sure I will do it again as it was quite a commitment - I also had to drive there and back every day whilst most people camped as I had to juggle it with horses and work - but very glad to have ticked it off as something I have done!

Re: Great Barrow 10-in-10 Challenge

Wow 😮 That is awesome.

That is just amazing, never mind having to travel every day. I am in awe.

Wow Incredible, so consistent and still managing to commute back to work.

Amazing results, congratulations 🎊

Congratulations, Jo! A fantastic achievement and amazing consistency in your times. How did you manage to run your 10th marathon quicker than the first?! Having run some of these routes I know they are not easy which makes your times even more amazing. Well done.

Hi Jo, I simply don't have the words to express how incredible you are, your mindset to long distance running leaves me speechless, I respect all you achieve and I'm so jealous I can't do what you can do

you are simply amazing!!!!

Another amazing achievement Jo:) Apart from the physical strength needed to maintain such consistent times your mental strength must be incredible as well. #Respect.

Wow Jo, you are amazing! Love that you think 10 marathons in 10 days is ok but doing an extra lap of 6 miles is crazy ;-) (next year??!)

Just amazing Jo. Congratulations it certainly is an amazing achievement. And you seemed to enjoy it too!!

Congratulations Jo!

Great achievements, I am sure this amazing record will stand for many decades to come. 👏👏👏👏👏👏

I have no words. Simply inspirational. Congratulations Jo. Phil

Wow Jo - that is an outstanding achievement, even before you factor in the commute and physical commitments back here.
Well done... 10 in 10 clocking those times is REMARKABLE!
Congratulations.