Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hitchin Triathlon

I did my first triathlon this morning based at the outdoor pool in Hitchin. Really enjoyed it and completed 400mswim/20k bike/5km run in 1:28:32. (26th female and 7thb in category)Everything went better than i had hoped it would, especially the cycle!

Re: Hitchin Triathlon

Fantastic Lindsay - well done! Best of all you enjoyed it!

Well done Lindsay!

We had another couple of NHRR there as well:

Andy Green - 1:06:17 - 5th overall and 4th in age cat
Simon Poole - 1:08:05 - 8th overall and 2nd in age cat

full results are here:
http://racetimingsolutions.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=16269&RId=733

Apologies if anyone else was there - no clubs listed on the results!

It was a really good event with a really nice atmosphere - recommend it if they do it again next year

Christine sharp and vanessa rolfe were there too!

well done Lindsay for you first Tri. Bet you have caught the bug now :-)
and well done the rest of you.

Well done everyone! Think Christine Sharp was 1st in her age category:)

Thanks, I did really enjoy it (and the training too), it all started in February when I started swimming lessons so I could manage the whole 400m in front crawl and dusted off my poor bike which hadn't been used for over 8 years...

Thanks Karen but just to put things into context, I did come first in my age category because I was the only one in that category not because I'm any good at triathlons. In fact I nearly came last - 55th lady out of 60 in 1hr 47mins.

Christine - you know what they say: 'In it to win it' and so on ....

Very well done to both you and Lindsay on an amazing achievement - not something I would ever have the courage to take on!

Well done All, and especially to Lindsay & Christine. Inspiring, you don't know what you can do until you TRI it!