Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mob match

Garden City Runners assisted by Herts Phoenix are pleased to host the MWRRL Mob Match and
Series Presentation on Thursday 13th July 2017, details of the new course and race HQ as
follows:

Start Time: 7.45pm, maximum time limit 90 minutes, the first 5km to be comfortably completed by 8.30pm/45 minutes after the gun

Location: This year we have a new course and race HQ. Sir Frederic Osborn School (old GC10 HQ), Herns Lane, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 2AF
There are changing facilities and plenty of toilets some of which are located in the nearby Sports Centre. Nearest station is Welwyn Garden City 1½ miles away.

Parking: If coming from the north or west: Panshanger Golf Club/The Fairway Tavern car park AL7 2ED

From the east: Moors Walk public car park AL7 2BQ

From the south: ParcelForce Worldwide/Herts Wheelchair Services car park & streets of Swiftfields plus Watchmead AL7 1LY

Garden City Runners & Herts Phoenix: at the School AL7 2AF

Strictly no parking at the Sports Centre or side streets in proximity

Start & Finish: Start is a 5 minute walk to Panshanger Drive. Special attention will be given to lining up in order of expected finishing time.

Finish is on the field by the race HQ.

Distance: 10km Certified as Accurate 17/249, Race Permit ARC17/303 and conducted under ARC rules which state that headphones must not be worn.

Route: Mildly undulating lolly pop two lapper, see attached map, with two opportunities for
water. All on tarmac except the final 100 metres on grass field, cycleways and pavement used. The course is open to pedestrians and vehicles so obey marshals instructions and run responsibly.

The course is much safer compared to the route used in previous years, however has numerous turns and in that respect we require additional marshals (briefing anytime from 6pm to 7pm). In that respect do email the race director as given below mentioning your club name, thank you for your much appreciated support.

Refreshments: Complimentary refreshments will be provided after the race at the Race HQ prior to the presentations.

We look forward to seeing you at the MWRRL Mob Match and Series Presentation.

Any queries, please email Race Director Peter Harvey at peterharveyone@gmail.com or call 01707 375633 (afternoons and evenings best).

Re: Mob match

I am not able to go to the mob match on Thursday as I'm working. Linda has kindly offered to take numbers for me at the end. Is anybody planning to go, but not run, who could help Linda out at the end?
Thanks! Ellie

Nice one Ellie!

I'm going (to run)... Can't wait to celebrate the league success and great performances by all Squirrels this year.

Im planning on running but I dont have a number (Ive had to work the previous 4 races) Am I able to get one on Thursday?

I'm a numpty & threw my number away after Hitchin forgetting all about the mob match! Are there spares? Or do I need to scribble a number on a piece of paper?

Hi All - I will have the numbers on Thurs night as Ellie can't be there, so if you haven't yet got a number you can still get one. Replacement numbers can also be made on Thurs night, don't worry!

Hi Linda

Like Adam I have thrown my number away as I didn't run at our race and wasn't sure I would be around for the mob match so if have replacements that would be good.
Thanks
Ian

Is it me, or is throwing away race numbers utter madness?! I have every race number I have ever worn. I save them all in a pile as a souvenir. Blood, sweat, tears and mud included. The main ones are all in a massive A1 size picture frame.

Me too John.

Some might say it's you who's mad John

Ellie, Linda

My partner Cathy is coming along to support and is happy to help with numbers at the end if you can tell her what to do!

Phil

Me too, John, and after 12 years racing I have a LOT of race numbers - 3 big lever arch files of them, and another boxful waiting to be 'filed' when I have the time. I also write my times on the back of them. Yes, I know, I should probably get a life .....

Thanks Phil - it's always useful to have an extra pair of eyes watching out for our finishers so I'm sure we can keep Cathy busy!

Linda, as you've got a couple of helpers, I think I'll probably run this (slowly!) as its a new course