Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Round norfolk relay ...more details !

Hello all of you who have volunteered to be part of the RNR. We are sorting out who is running what this week and we need a bit of info from you. Can you post here the maximum distance you would be able to run. There are a few very long legs involved and we do not want to scare you. We will send emails as well but posting here is fine. Thanking you. X

Re: Round norfolk relay ...more details !

Please could I make a request to run the northern section - maybe the opening leg? I can then help for the next 4 legs down to Cromer....

If not - then happy to do any of the legs over 16 miles (marathon training).

Ideally i would also like to run somewhere around the north of the county but happy to take any leg.

I will also be in marathon training so anything over 15 miles would suit me ideally.

I can bring my bike to support other legs if required.

I'd ideally like to do 13 miles or less. Could do a little more if necessary.

Prefer a longer leg please and liked running at night but if you are struggling for a shingle-runner I'll volunteer myself for that bit. Also happy to help but when depends on what time I will be running (ie if I'm running the night shift I won't be able to help much until after I have run due to sleep requirements!).

Happy to run anything up to about 13 miles - my night vision isn't very good so would prefer a daylight leg, but I now have a decent head torch so could do a night leg if necessary.

I suspect that people will be queuing up to run stage 5 (Cley to Cromer) which I ran last year - I wouldn't want to deprive keen Squirrels of the opportunity to sample the Bog of Doom and the Shingle of Shame, so I think I'm out of the running for that one this year ...

Anything up to about 10 miles please...will happily run day or night and on any terrain. But I am slow so sorry in advance!

Thank you all so far, it is a huge help to us when sorting out the whole event. Much better to be honest as it saves shifting around later, also thank you for offers of help - they will be taken up! Linda, the Shingle leg is becoming legendary! We need wall to wall supporters for this one! Not forgetting the hill near the end approaching Cromer! Ah, happy memories...!

Hey everyone,

I am happy to do anything up to 13 miles. I will also cycle on the road and support.

No injuries this summer!!

Chris

...and I also meant to say that I'm planning to be there for the whole weekend (with my car) so will be available for supporting duties if/when not running

I doubt I'll be fit or fast enough to run, but willing to help on the Saturday as a taxi to get runners to and from their start/finish points

Forgot to say i am ok to cycle too

morning,
I can run anything up to ten miles, if there is a leg that short. will be there all weekend to run, support, drive, cycle in fact anything.

Hi

Please could I do a shortish distance - don't really mind where. If it could be on a road that would be great or if off-road could it be during daylight as I have a marathon in Oct and don't want to risk any injuries (eyesight not my greatest asset !)Thanks

Hi, I'm gutted to have to say I can't run, and as my injury was caused by long slow driving I'd better not offer to do car support either. But - will definitely be there to offer support somehow and very happy to bike - officially or unofficially

I would love to be involved again this year!
Happy to run anything up to a half and fancy doing some cobbles /beach running at the beginnIng if you need me too, take over Linda's leg maybe?

Kat

What date is the event and are you still looking for runners?

Andrew P

Hi folks,

As our selection is done on club membership length as opposed to ability, I am supporting my club (March AC) across the 24 hours in our support van. I look forward to catching up with old NHRR friends along the way.

Good luck NHRR............hope you put out a strong team.

M