Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dovedale Dipper

This was my 7th Dovedale Dipper and every year I resolve that 'next time' I will be ready for Ecton Hill and I will jog on as soon as the worst of it is over, and I will get to the wall corner when tackling Wetton Hill, and I will run on when leaving the checkpoint at Revidge (I do at least manage to run to the checkpoint), and I will manage somehow to at least jog along the narrow, precarious path clinging to the edge of Manifold Valley, and I will pull myself together and run all of the 3.5 flat, straight miles from Milldale to Wolfscote Dale but needless to say when I get there I am once again found lacking...

However as stated earlier this was my 7th Dovedale Dipper so something must keep drawing me back! Of the three Derbyshire runs I now do each year this is actually the easiest - but that does not mean it is easy! It is a fantastic circular route taking in a beautiful part of the Peak District with hills, dales, big open skies and breathtaking views. It is tough but not impossible. I will be back next year and I will be ready...

4.54 - my second fastest time - 2nd lady and first vet lady. Since my first run here in 2011 I coveted a trophy from this run (which I think most people know is vary rare for me) and now I have 2!

Re: Dovedale Dipper

That is fab - well done!

well done Jo,
Derbyshire is a lovely place for a run. A long run for you!

Well done Jo! Another great run and finish time.