Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Forum: NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Richmond Marathon

Well done, Phil.

Delighted to hear that.

Congratulations Phil - glad your training paid off!

I had to laugh, though - you're a typical runner: having achieved your longed-for goal of sub-4, you are now looking at the next target of sub 3:50 We're never satisfied - but I suppose that's what keeps us striving for the next goal. I thought when I (finally) managed a sub-4 marathon that I would be satisfied - turns out I was wrong, and I had to go back and see if I could do it again!

I look forward to seeing what you can do next time (after a suitable recovery, of course....)

Fantastic Phil- really well done and well deserved, I'm really pleased for you. Keep your mileage up and start looking for another one and I'm sure 3.50 is on the cards. A challenge should be challenging but achievable - if you set too tough a challenge in the first place missing it by a mile can put you off altogether. Having a realistic goal and a 'dream' goal is a good plan - aim for the goal and, on a good day when everything goes your way, you might just get the dream!

Nice to see someone else recognising the benefits of a small field!

Congratulations Phil, delighted that you have achieved your goal. Totally agree with your comments regarding large marathons, small is great if you are mentally strong enough ... And you obviously were:)

Well done Phil - fantastic time.

Congratulations Phil. It sounds like a great marathon and one I would like to do!

... and just realised it was nearly a 9 minute pb :)

Congratulations Phil. Well done. Chuffed to bits for you.

Super News Phil. Was thinking of you yesterday so super pleased you got sub 4hrs. Excellent.