Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC instructions - Event 1 - Wellingborough. 22nd Oct.

Please see below the details regarding the first race. These are now on 3cxc Website

Please post below to arrange car shares.

Instructions
---------------

Host Club: Wellingborough & District A.C.

Date: Sunday 22 Oct 2017

Time: 10:30 a.m.

Postcode for Sat. Nav.:
NN8 2EN
Directions: Map in new window

Runners Notes
The Race HQ is Kingsway Youth Club, Kingsway, Wellingborough.
Refreshments available after the race in the HQ.
Car parking is is limited, there are a few small car parks around the Park, parking is allowed on the local streets, but please remember to car share. The drawing shown here shows the extra parking places around Croyland Park.
There are no toilet or changing facilities in the HQ.
No dirty footwear at any time allowed inside the HQ
Changing, showers & toilets are in a separate area; about 5 minutes walk from the HQ.
No valuables must be left in the changing rooms during the race, as they are NOT LOCKED UP.

Course:
The start & finish are only 1 min from the HQ.
The first lap is here
The second lap is here
The third lap is here
The total course is 8.34 Km.

Re: Three Counties XC instructions - Event 1 - Wellingborough. 22nd Oct.

If anybody wants to come to the race but not run, and can volunteer to record the finishers - then can you please let me know. This would be much appreciated!

You can support runners for most of the race and then get to the finish line to collect numbers as the runners come in. Wellingborough is really good for this as it’s 3 laps. You can stand at the start and see them off, see them twice more and then get to the finish line which is right near the start. One of the brook (river) crossings is right by the start too. So this is fun to watch.

Ideally we need 4 people to work in 2 pairs. One pair for the men’s results and another for the womens.

One person in the pair will collect the number from the runner and tell the other the persons name and position who will write this on the sheet.

Please post below.

#TeamNHRR

John, I'll be able to help for this race

Thanks Brian!

Could do with one more please. I have Brian/James/Karen.

Pete is on duty at the river crossing helping people out.

I didn’t notice this at first, but the route is different to what we are used too!

Basically, it looks to me that the first lap is the same as normal.

The last lap is now the same as the first lap. I.e. we do not go round the football pitch on the other side again, it’s just the same as the short lap we start with...

The middle lap is similar, but has the brook crossing in a different place. It’s further up away from the start line. The other significant point to note is that we do not cross the brook at the bottom end, instead we come back to the same point and cross it again the other way... these are the only 2 crossings. Rather than coming down the hill, we hog the top side of the field and run all the way to the top end, following it round and then running alongside the brook in the opposite direction to normal. We then cross in the same place.

This means number of crossing are down from 4 to 2.

Have a look for yourselves...

Ok, I have confirmation from the Wellingborough XC rep that the course has changed due to concern on the brook crossings. We now cross the brook only twice, in the same place, and is apparently “much easier to jump across.”

I'm planning to run and would like to lift share (can drive if necessary). Clare can help at the finish if we still want someone for that? Would be going there and back from Letchworth and hope to leave fairly promptly afterwards.

James K - happy to drive you and Clare. Can pick you up at your house. Might be taking Lewis as well - just awaiting his response on the other thread.

James K - will collect you and Clare at your house at 8.25.

James - that sounds great! See you tomorrow