Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC. Race 1. Wellingborough. Race results

Fantastic to see 26 runners out this morning. As well as some great support from Pete, Karen, James, Brian, Claire and Steve Mc.

Thanks to James and Brian for sorting the number at the start and also recording the numbers.

So we are still waiting for the overall results. Will update when I get them.

But here is how our runners got on...

Men’s score was 149 and women’s were 533. Overall we scored 682.
Jim, Mark, Adam, John, Ed, Matt, Ryan and Stewart were the men’s scoring team and Astrid, Jane, Paula and Sarah were the women’s.

Remember everybody helps out, whether you are scoring directly for the club or not. Chances are you will be pushing some other teams score up, which helps. And it’s always great to see a NHRR vest on the course!

Point to note is that women are racing men. This rule was brought in last year. So, men, if you have a women in front of you, you need to try and take her down! This will improve your score. Likewise, women, just as in life, you are chasing the men! If there’s a man in front of you, then you can improve your score by catching them. Same for anybody behind you, don’t let them catch you regardless of their gender.

Also, how fantastic are the mugs!!! We looked amazing with out post race tea/coffee. Remember to bring it to the next race, stick it in your kit bag.

Fantastic job #TeamNHRR

7, Jim McConnel
9, Mark Vaughan
12, Adam Bowler
15, John Auld
18, Ed Price
21, Matt Sayers
29, Ryan Smith
38, Steward Overton
42, Nick Malpeli
48, Steve Wells
53, James Keogh
56, Vince Wright
71, Adrian Sherwood
101, Astrid Mckeown
112, Jane Clarke
118, Steve Tracey
122, Steve Harris
142, Steve Williamson
157, Paula Adams
162, Lewis Green
163, Sarah Mitcherson
164, Kat Burr
265, Linda Aird
289, Hannah Keeble
317, Christine Sharp
329, Joy Shroud

Re: Three Counties XC. Race 1. Wellingborough. Race results

Hi John, don't know if this matters but my position is wrong. I was 112? Thought it might affect the results.

"Just as in life you are chasing the men"..... ??!! No comment, ladies' discretion prevails.

Hi Jane, sorry, have corrected it above. It was just a mistake in me transferring to forum...

Karen, I can’t take credit for that joke, I just repeated it...

Ok, I have overall results!

Both men and women teams finished 2nd, and we are top in the combined competition! Fantastic start! Let’s keep it going!

Well done all runners and supporters!

N.B. Next one is Nov 12th at Wootton, this is the easiest course, so would be good to see a great turn out here.

#TeamNHRR

Men
Ampthill 84,
NHRR, 149
Bedford 277
Wellingborough 301
Wootton 401

Women
Biggleswade 27
NHRR 45
Bedford 46
Wellingborough 61
Ampthill 115

Overall
NHRR 674
Bedford 730
Ampthill 840
Wellingborough 846
Biggleswade 915

Fantastic results!

Well done everyone. Great start to the xc season!

Would be wonderful to add the overall title to out MWL success. Well done everyone who took part or helped today, let's keep it up!

Great results!

I have uploaded some photos to our Flickr site. Some interesting water jump 'techniques' on display.....

Well done all! An excellent day's work Squirrels.

John - don't know if you'd noticed, but according to the 3 Counties website info for Wootton, it says the course has changed back to the previous one at Delapre Abbey rather than the one we've done for the last couple of years. I seem to remember it was a nice course but had a very steep and stony downhill section through the woods - anyone else remember this one?

Sneaky! Thanks Linda.

Full results are now on 3cxc here

Well done folks, good running on a blustery day..
Good spot by Linda about the next race going back to their old course. Still a good one for newbies though a bit longer and more hilly. I'm sure I have a Garmin record of the old route - we last ran it on Feb 3rd 2013. I'll try and find it!

Edit/ - the race HQ is also at a different school this year.

Some belting photos & definitely some interesting techniques on display.

Pleased the Wootton course has changed, that was my least favourite last year

So, apparently the results were delayed as people did not remain in order in the finish funnel.

Please can I remind everybody to remain in finishing order in the funnel. Don’t pass anybody and do not let anybody pass you. Let them scan your barcode in the order that you finished.

Not saying any of us did this, but this is what the league have asked us to re-iterate.

Great results everybody.

Well done all!! Great effort and I LOVE my mug. Sorry had to dash off so quickly - a 5th birthday party - rather do the waterjump another 5 times...

Well done everyone. What an amazing morning. I too loved the mug - thank you.

This appears to be the wootton course, although the strava segment is 3 laps, the three counties version is just 2 laps.

https://www.strava.com/segments/14006223

single lap strava segment

https://www.strava.com/segments/14006218

I found this from 2012, agrees with what Adam just posted, though they had an extra bit round the field at the start to spread everyone out. Total distance 4.65 miles (7.5K):

https://www.strava.com/activities/1243177012

Well done everyone. Great result.

Any idea if it's spikes or studs course Brian?

I noted the course was very muddy that day so I would say spikes - and I see they've put the details up now on the three counties website saying suitable for spikes or studs

Good result guys and gals. Sorry I couldn’t run.

What I want to know is... Did Sarah manage to clear the river or did the magnificent leap finish in a splashdown???