Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marathon Eryri/ Brooks Snowdonia Marathon

I ran the above marathon in North Wales on Saturday morning. It's the first time I have repeated a marathon as I did it last year. It is such a beautiful route starting in Llanberis and running the (mostly) roads around Snowdon. Each time you look the scenery gets better and better even if it was a drizzly/ low cloud day.

I had back problems again like I did in Berlin a few weeks ago so they scuppered my second half unfortunately as the first half went so much better than last year. However, I had some really positive moments that I was pleased with. There are two sections on trail (both downhill) and I found myself "flying" down those sections, overtaking lots of people and enjoying myself. It appears that the trail experience is finally paying off 😀

Now to get the back sorted before Athens!

Re: Marathon Eryri/ Brooks Snowdonia Marathon

Ps 4 minutes quicker than last year 5.16.47 and that includes a trip to the pub at mile 22 - I really needed the loo and wished that the trees still had leaves on them as it would have made it easier 😂

Fantastic Michelle and really well done on another marathon I would like to do if, like Beachy Head, it wasn't on a Saturday and such a long drive... I no longer care if the trees have leaves - and weren't there plenty of convenient stone walls or is the truth that really you just fancied popping into a pub?

No - the walls were not tall enough!

I admit during the Highland Fling the cover required got smaller and smaller as the distance between the convenient spot and the route became more and more of a factor but I hadn't got to that stage in the marathon yet!

Well done

Great effort Michelle. Looking nervously forward to trying the Snowdonia Trail Marathon next July. Beautifal area.

Very well done Michelle. You have inspired me to enter the Trail Marathon Wales next year. It will be my first ever marathon in Wales!

Sue - Paul mentioned that you had entered. There's room in the cottage if you want a bed 😀

The marathon was shown on channel 4 Wales on Sunday. If anyone is interested in seeing how beautiful it is the link is here http://beta.s4c.cymru/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=542129506

Entries open on the 1 December this year rather than the usual 1 January and usually sell out in hours...

I also ran this. I'd forgotten how amazing the scenery is. Achilles tendonitis kicked in and meant I couldn't run as I wanted, so decided to ease off and enjoy the run. Finished in 3:09, some 15min slower than last time. However, I made the cut of the S4C highlights show and pop up several times through the programme! (in a blue and white vest...) Will be back next year.

just been watching it, looks fantastic.
cant believe the leaders took only 30 mins to get to Pen-Y-pas.
well done all who ran, its a tough one but the location makes it worthwhile.