Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beachy Head Marathon

Miranda and I took part in the Beachy Head Marathon on Saturday. I have done this twice before and had forgotten how tough it is! There were 2156 runners lined up at the start which made for a crowded uphill mile long stretch before we levelled out for a short while and then the hills were endless with of course some really good downhills. It is a lovely scenic course and for most people you could only walk up the steep hills and then look back at the views. For the more elite, as we found out later, they ran it all with the first male finishing in 2.56. Bearing in mind there were over 300 steep steps to climb, gates and stiles and the Seven Sisters which you reached at about mile 20 that is pretty amazing!

The weather was perfect with sunny skies and a brisk breeze. We met and talked to lots of people on the way round. The last six miles were hard going over the Sisters but we were lucky enough to have a steep downhill finish with some more steps thrown in to reach the finish line. We crossed the line in 5.32. We came 277th/278th out of 869 female runners - so not too bad at all!

Re: Beachy Head Marathon

Fantastic both of you - well done! One I'd like to do if it wasn't on Saturday - and such a long drive...

Well done, it sounds really lovely.

well done an amazing effort, I saw the route for this and thought no thank you!!

Well done you two. Impressive stuff!