Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Letchworth parkrun test event - 20 January - runners needed

Hi,

We have been asked by parkrun if we can help out at the Letchworth parkrun test event. It will take place on 20 January 2018 at 10.30. The slightly later time is to allow regular parkrunners to undertake their usual event and make their way over after.

The event is at Grange Recreation Ground.

They are looking for up to 30 runners, please post below if you are able to attend.

Thanks.
Lindsay

Re: Letchworth parkrun test event - 20 January - runners needed

Hi Lindsay

Happy New Year

if you are not looking for a fast runner im happy to help.

I am slow though compared to most.

Jo kenlin

Does anyone know the exact route yet??

Think that I could manage to roll out of bed and get to the Grange by 10.30am. So I could be another slow runner if that's wanted. Joy

Thanks! speed is not an issue, anyone can run!

as for route, Louise (local parkrun ambassador) talked me through the route over the phone and here are the notes I took. the problem is I don't know the area very well so I don't know how much this will actually help!

starts outside rec ground
on greenway
cuts across fields
flat, just about
couple of bit around edge of fields, mainly on greenway and a bit on a farm track
2 laps

also just to clarify, when I said help out above, it means to help out by running :-)

I'm free that weekend. As a grizzly parkrun vet I'm sure I can offer them some advice!

I would like to try this. Hope it is marshalled as my sense of direction is not good.

Thank you
Monica

I assume so given it is their test event!

Thanks everyone!

Ohhhh definitely. Can you include Duncan and I? I take it that I won't need my barcode for this?!

I would bring your bar code (if you have one) as the event team may want to practice processing the results afterwards - though it won't count as an official parkrun.

yes, please bring barcodes!

I will run it :relaxed:

I have the following info from the Tun Director:

The course begins about 100 metres from the Grange Recreation Ground and is on the Greenway. After about 70 meters it takes a sharp right and there is a slow rise then a wheel to the right which is all on the Greenway.

It then arrives back at the football fields where you skirt them passing the back of the Changing Rooms and return to the start. The route is repeated and finishes before the start by the children’s play park.

Changes may need to be made as a result of any feedback from the runners

Event now activated on parkrun page - looks like they're aiming for Jan 27th start. Route looks like it contains part of the top end of our XC course so will be very muddy..

Do you need a bar code to try it? I haven't done a park run before.

I'd be interested in taking part.

Christine, normally for parkrun if you don't have a barcode you don get a time (you come up as unknown in the results). As this is a test event then the results won't be official so noone will get an official time.

So the answer is no, you probably don't. But at the same time it is super quick and easy to register and get a barcode...Brian J, what do you think?

I'd like to run it!

Count me in Lindsey if like to give it a go :)
Shani

I'd like to do this please.

Thanks everyone!

I just had a message from the race director

'I checked the course a couple of days ago. There’s a bit of standing water and it’s pretty muddy in places. Can I advise your runners that trail shoes might be a good option'

(Or old trainers that you don't mind getting muddy)

Is it still possible to be added to the list of testers please? I will be slow returning from a rather long injury but this is just the kind of milestone I need.... my first “official” 5k (...a long run in my books these days...)

Many thanks

Petra

Petra just show up, its a trial run for the core team, it won't count in the parkrun stats. Bring your bar code if you have one, though it'd be good if a few didn't to give the core team practising results processing afterwards.

Having been running part of the proposed course last week, I'm going to wear studs it's that muddy!

The more the merrier!

I would like to run.

Great, thanks everyone!

If you have a parkrun barcode already then please bring it along!

I'll be there - Joy

Alas I won't be able to make it now on Saturday. Physio says that I can't run this weekend....:( . Hope the event goes well!

Thanks everyone!

Btw I am not entirely sure I can make it, logistics are tricky and weather dependent...if I don't make it, enjoy the run and let us know what the route is like!

Sorry, can't make it, my son has come home unexpectedly for the weekend. Hope it goes well.

Nice run in the mud today...and James no I wasn't last, there were three folks + tailrunner at least five minutes behind me!
Had a chat with the event team afterwards, course is more like Wimpole than Luton/Stevenage. Muddy on the field (part of our XC course) but fine at the Grange end. Parking is the main issue round there however

Re: Message for Lindsay Cook

Hi Lindsay, I took part in the trail run last Saturday and left my glasses with one of the Marshall's,I think it was Mark, and forgot to pick them up.
Do you have any contact details I could use?

Many thanks
Andrew (Porter)

Re: Message for Lindsay Cook

Email me on secretary@nhrr.org.uk and I'll pass your message on