Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Physio - knee injury

Does anyone have the name of a physio they have used for knee injuries in the past, preferably one that does evening appointments.

I have now been to the Dr and referred for an MRI but I would like to start seeing a physio in the meantime (as I suspect the MRI may take some time) in the hope that I can start making some progress.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Physio - knee injury

I always use keith allinson a sports therapist on Fairfield park. I really rate him. Although never been for a knee injury, he sorted my Achilles, shoulders and I'm back with another foot injury!

I always contact him via email keithallinson@hotmail.com

Caroline Wilson, Think Physio, Hitchin alerted to me to my torn meniscus and then sorted my rehab. She is fabulous.

Caroline Wilson @ Think Physio, Hitchin - a proper, qualified, fully trained physio with many years experience. Her husband is a runner, so is fully conversant with the runner's needs and mentality. She has also run injury workshops in the past for running specific injuries, so she really knows her stuff! Don't waste your time with therapists / osteos / sports massage people if you have an injury, see a proper physio.
Highly recommended.....

Ive been using Garry Tuker in Baldock for my knee injury that has eventually got better. http://www.elite-physiotherapy.com. He does do evening appointments and has done a lot of sports physio as well as working in the NHS.

Mark, I agree that Caroline is very good and I've been to see her myself. As a Sports Therapist I do find your comments very dismissive of other health professionals though! I've helped many members of NHRR recover from their injuries and often have clients who haven't received good treatment from physios. There are very good Sports Therapists, Osteos etc. out there as well just as there are not so good Physios!

Nicky

I appreciate that you have a business to pursue regarding this, so I won't say any more other than to state that my comments are borne from personal experience and are not meant to denigrate anybody. Obviously there are good and bad in all areas of sports injury / massage / therapy, but the important thing is to approach the right discipline for the problem at hand - e.g. a massage therapist is not qualified to diagnose an injury.
I hope that clarifies things a bit, and I hope I haven't offended you!

Hi Mark,

These things can become 'lost in translation' via internet, email etc. Whilst I know you are only referring to your personal experience, and you are completely right to say that a Massage Therapist shouldn't be diagnosing, 'Don't waste your time with therapists / osteos / sports massage people if you have an injury, see a proper physio.' is a very sweeping statement!

Anyway, I've said my bit - we can agree to disagree on this one😃

For anyone interested, here is a link to a very useful comparison between Physiotherapy & Sports Therapy:

www.capitalphysio.com/general/physiotherapist-sports-therapist/

Nicky

Thanks all. I have an appointment with Caroline next Wednesday (had to postpone due to the lurgy) and have just got a MRI date of the 25 Jan which is much quicker than I expected!