Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week Two

Linda and John R were the first to report a long run for 2018. Well done!

Good luck to the cross country runners on Sunday. Weather looks great for a long run this weekend.:runner:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League
Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week Two

Me and shani are half marathon training this weekend we plan 10 miles does that count not really sure how this really works.

Nice one Hayley!

Yes, it counts. Basically the idea is that it gives some encouragement and motivation to your long runs. So any run you do 10 miles or over counts. Just add it to the thread that Sue posts each week and she adds up the points you get.

If you do a race of required distance then this counts too, but so do training runs.

Basically before SORE league, it’s very easy to to a 9.5 Mile run or a 12.5 Mile run - but SORE league encourages you to earn your points. It’s fairly common to see someone doing laps of the car park in order to make up the distance. :smiley: It makes you feel surprisingly satisfied earning those points. It’s a great idea and Sue does a fantastic job of maintaining it.

Thankyou John for that explanation that makes sense now and I'm totally not doing any 9.anything miles it's 10 miles full stop tommorow now even if I have to crawl :slightly_smiling_face: be nice to get my name on that chart lol

I would like to report that Andy did a 13.2 mile training run after work last Thursday...

I would like to enter the SORE league this year.
Today I did 16.18 miles with Adrian

11 miles for Gem and I this morning:grinning:

16 miles around snowy Quickswood, icy Weston and sunny Letchworth.

16.4 slippy miles this morning. Baldock, Letchworth, Hitchin, Ickleford, Henlow, Stotfold and back to Baldock.

10.28 miles for me today. 6 done with the Yellow Group on the Greenway from Standalone to the Tip and back. Cold wind, pavements a bit slippery - but it was sunny.

Hope everyone enjoyed running in the sunshine today. I ran 13.2 miles on the Greenway.

Thanks Sue.

Hi Sue

can I join this please

10 miles on greenway today 👍

10.5 for me today, including extended warm up for Herts XC and the race.

10 miles for me today at Hilly Lilley with a fab bunch of Squirrels!

16.4 miles for me this morning on the same course as John Rayner. Very slippery under foot but a great long run to start the year.

10.5 miles for me today -Offley, Ley green and Preston. Beautiful morning.

Thanks!

This morning, a group of us, Paul, Adam, Ellie, Naomi , Kat and myself ran the lovely hilly Lilly . 10 miles from Lilly, over frosty Pegston hills and the muddy icklnield way. Sadly Lucy pulled an injury and had to cut it a bit short. Hope you recover soon Lucy.

10 miles yesterday morning please Hitchin to Ickleford and back with a few nondescript residential roads to get to 10 miles.

Fist point of the year for me please for a cold and muddy 13.1 miles around the Greenway. Didn't enjoy it!

New to this so apologies if i have it wrong!

Tuesday - 10.1 miles
Wednesday - 15.2 miles with John R & Darren S
Friday - 13.6 miles
Sunday - 18.4 miles

I think that's 4 points?

Can I join this please?!

A 13.1 mile uninspiring Baldock to Hitchin and back - heavy snow at 6:15, melting into slippyness and beautiful sunrise!

10 for me on Sunday morning on the Hilly Lilley.

Back after a rather annoying injury, 12 miles along the Greenway and Letchworth/Hitchin...hopefully not the last mid-to-long run of the year :)

10.1 muddy miles locally this afternoon..