Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tuesday 9th, Thursday 11th & Saturday 13th January

Purple group training for Tuesday will be led by Monica and Mark and the session is a ladder of warm up by walking to Cross Street and then jogging to the Mazda Garage, followed by 2/3/4/3/2 mins with 60s rest between each effort and a walk/jog warm down back to the club followed by some stretching. On Thursday it's a continuous run of 20-30 mins after a 5min walking warm up. Linda, Nicky and Mark will be leading this session.

Tuesday's session for blue group will be 6 - 10 x 1000m at St Francis with 90s active recovery. On Thursday there is a choice of sessions between 4 x 5mins Blackhorse Rd hills or a marathon training session of 1M warm up, 4/5M MP followed by 1M warm down.

On Saturday Pete will be coaching at the track, drills followed by 6 x 400m. I will be enjoying my Christmas present of a photography course but Pete will report back!!

Paul and Brian will post green and yellow group sessions:)
2018 resolution - keep injuries away by stretching, strengthening, rolling and resting. Easy runs are just as important as sessions.

Re: Training Tuesday 9th, Thursday 11th & Saturday 13th January

I will be at the track on Saturday

Tuesday will be 6-8 1000 metre reps at St. Francis
Thursday is 15 min out, 2 min recovery and 15 min back, route tba

I knew Blues were fast, they even beat us to St. Francis on Tuesday.
So we can do 1.3 mile reps on the other side of the road.

Tuesday 9th Jan - 2x (7 mins @ 1min x2) @ 2mins on LHS Icknield Way & Green Lane.

Thursday 11th Jan - 6 x600 @ 2 mins on the Wilbury Road/Grange Road loop.

I’ll be at the track. :smiley:

I will be at the track tomorrow.

:grinning:

I'll be at the track, but a little late as i have to take the child to her swimming lesson first which ends at 9am