Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Foam rollers at Lidl's

If anybody is looking for a foam roller Lidl's in Letchworth have various types for sale at the moment at £7.99, they seem a reasonable quality. They also had fit balls and other fitness stuff.

Re: Foam rollers at Lidl's

Thanks for the heads-up, Alan - I often buy running gear (apart from shoes) at Lidl and have found the quality to be very good. If you don't have a foam roller, I would strongly recommend getting one and trying it out - at that price it's got to be worth a try!

For those new to foam rolling - or not sure how to do it effectively - maybe we could have a bit of a demo sometime at the club, from those in the know, to show people how to get the best out of it?

Linda
Thanks for the heads-up, Alan - I often buy running gear (apart from shoes) at Lidl and have found the quality to be very good. If you don't have a foam roller, I would strongly recommend getting one and trying it out - at that price it's got to be worth a try!

For those new to foam rolling - or not sure how to do it effectively - maybe we could have a bit of a demo sometime at the club, from those in the know, to show people how to get the best out of it?
Good idea Linda.

I like the idea of a demo, if one can be arranged. Ive just recently purchased one and to be honest not sure im using it correctly.

Jo

Jo - I'll try to remember to bring mine down on Thursday and maybe we can have a bit of a practice after training! I'm by no means an expert, but we did get some advice about rolling techniques from the runfit classes we did with Pride Fitness.

Brill thanks Linda

I would totally be interested in this I have 1 I use it as have calf/shin pain and now hamstring but really I have no idea how long to do each muscle for to ensure it's effective also that it's the correct technique.

Thank you Linda, appreciated the help with the foam rolling techniques yesterday.

You're very welcome :smiley:

Linda thanks SO much for doing a "How to use a Foam Roller" demonstration for the Purple group. Appreciated by all.