Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Run Saturday 20 January 9:45am Clothall Common - Wallington

If anyone wants to come along meet at Wallington Road Baldock (Clothall Common - Tapps Garden Centre is nearby). Starting from old road now footpath. Planning to run to Wallington and back - Beast training. Please post if interested.

Re: Run Saturday 20 January 9:45am Clothall Common - Wallington

Will be there see you in morning.

Have just done a strava route. To Wallington and back if we go around the village is about 6 miles If you push up to Roe Green and back makes it about 10 miles.

Lucy - if you wanted to extend it you could do the Letchworth parkrun test run first! :smile:

Would have loved to join you for this, but I'm away this weekend. I am planning to do another Hitchin HOOP run sometime soon (with the customary tea/coffee and cake consumption at mine afterwards) which would also be good for anyone who is Beast training. I'll post on the forum about it soon.

I think I will join you since I never made it out today, or in fact any day this week so be gentle with me tomorrow! How do you get there? Train then walk or drive??

Katrina

You're all tempting me to do this rather than the parkrun trial as its so near to home for me! I'll see how I feel on the morning so please don't wait if I'm not there. I'm good for a Sunday run though.

Katrina - I have sent you a txt msg.

Sounds good Linda - I’ll look forward to it. Don’t think I’ll make the trial ParkRun tho - so many options so little time!

What’s the HOOP run?

Ali, The Hoop is the equivalent of the greenway, but goes around hitchin. In fact part of it overlaps with the greenway. It's about 12 miles, and the best bit is that as it goes right past Linda's house she made tea cakes for us at the end πŸͺ🍰and will again if we are lucky πŸ˜†( and I live only 500 m from Linda's πŸ™ƒ_ I'm in Linda please.

Caroline, aside from the fact that 10k is still challenge enough for me, that sounds amazing! πŸ˜‚

Thank you for the nice run out folks.... still can't believe the size of those hares

Matt

Weren’t they wonderful. Good run despite the sleet.

It was good today thanks - hares/cyclists πŸ‘“ !! Tough though, I’m not sure whether I want to do the beast now, eek 😬

The loop sounds very appealing :)