Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week Four

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

Well done to Andy for his amazing run at the Sandsjobacka Trail Marathon.

Good luck to all those running the Santa Pola Half Marathon on Sunday. :beach_with_umbrella:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week Four

13.2 miles from Stotfold, Letchworth and Baldock for me this morning.

Thanks Sue.

13.2 miles at the Buff Winter Trail Half Marathon at Coed Y Brenin, Snowdonia this week (and the same for Paul Bowal too), followed by some fine home-made cake (if I do say so myself).

Shorter race report to follow, but I'd better finish off the post-race slow roasted lamb first.

Andy

4 scoring runs again this week:

Tuesday: 11 miles in Baldock
Wednesday: 15 miles including the greenway
Friday: 13.1 miles from Baldock looping round Hitchin & back
Sunday: 20.2 miles using the quickswood loop with Ed P, John A, John R, Darren S, Stewart O & Matt S for company

18.3 miles for me this morning with 7 of us #TeamNHRR. Quickswood loop with extra loop round Weston. Few hills in it! Sleet all the way. Bumped into a few other groups too.

A sleety 10.8 miles with the yellow group to Arlesey and blue lagoon this morning..

11 on Tuesday and 18 in the sleet this morning 😀

Fred Hughes 10miler in the glorious snow.
Thanks!

Andy and Paul both did the Winter Trail half yesterday. Full report from Andy to follow. All I can say is that I was in bed trying to shake off a virus and was rather surprised to wake up and and find they were running in the snow. The snow looked beautiful from the warmth of my bed. Paul, Andy and Ashley (who went to support) looked like icicles when they got back (and I was in trouble for letting the fire die- need to work out how to sleepwalk fire maintenance!).

Andy also cooked a very nice lemon drizzle cake for afters...

17:00 miles today Letchworth, Stotfold, Arlesey, Henlow, Ickleford, Hitchin and back to Letchworth.

16 miles for me - Graveley & Greenway. So many branches down in Graveley it felt like a steeplechase!

Snowy Fred Hughes 10 mile this morning 😊

12.5 miles for me today. Grange to Stotfold, Arlesey, Blue Lagoon, Fairfield, Norton Pond and then a meander around the Grange.

Snowy 10 miles at Fred Hughes 10 for me too please!

10 miles for me today 👍❄️

Hi Sue, 10.3M for me on Wednesday, thank you

10.6 miles on the greenway, dancing in the snow!

10.1 miles on Wednesday around Hertord, Ware and the surrounding villages.

18 miles this morning around the Quickswood loop with a little extra joined by 6 other fellow #TeamNHRR boys. 👍🏻

17 miles for me this morning in the snow.

14 miles on Sunday 21 Jan. Fairfield to Standalone, Stotfold, Arlesey, Blue Lagoon, Fairfield, Grange, Norton Pond, Grange.

10.2 miles round the streets of Letchworth last night - making up for cutting short my run on Sunday!

Hopefully will run somewhere more scenic this weekend ......

12.3 miles tonight