Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 6th, Thurs 8th & Sat 10th Feb

Yellow group sessions, led by coach Brian, are a 5km run on Tuesday followed by 8 x 400m with 90s recovery at St Francis on Thursday.

Blue group are training at St Francis on Tuesday with 12-16 x 400m off 60s active recovery whilst Thursday's session is 4 x 5mins at Blackhorse Rd hills.

Purple group have a pyramid at Broadwater Avenue on Tuesday. The warm up will consist of a walk followed by easy running and then up and down the pyramid with 90s recovery between each rep. A whole set would be round each of the 3 loops with you gradually running further each time and the last loop being up to the top of Broadwater Avenue by West View Baptist Church and then turning to run down Spring Rd. Depending on how long this takes you could add 1 or 2 more of the shorter loops:) Thursday's session is a fartlek of 5 x 4 mins with 2mins easier running between each effort. The warm up and warm down will be 6 mins with 3mins walking followed by 3mins running in the warm up.

Paul will post green group training.

Saturday's track session will be the new drills extravaganza followed by 3 x 800m off 90s recovery. Usual 9.15am prompt start at Ridlins and £2 payable to FVS. Please post below if you are coming to the track.

Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tues 6th, Thurs 8th & Sat 10th Feb

I will be at the track on Saturday

Cheers Karen, I’ll be at the track on Saturday. :runner:

Green group on Tuesday are doing a ladder on the Grange loop of 2x5 mins, 2x4 mins & 2x3 mins. We can decide how people feel whether we go for the 2x2 mins too but that may be too much???

Thursday is a 15 mins out and back with a 2 mins recovery at furthest point.

Feel free to let me know what sessions you like. Plus I like feedback, good or bad, I don't mind.

Myself , Jo Sopala, Hayley Cocks and Shani Fielding will be at track on Sunday

See you there

Jo Kenlin

I’m mean Saturday

Thank you Dickie for coaching the Tuesday session, it was so so cold for you.
We warmed up very quickly, cant believe everyone but me ran every effort, Greenies are tough.
We chat a lot but don't moan at all. Which reminds me, thank you for the official 10 seconds of chat before you sent us on our way - its traditional.
I noticed Strava was a little overloaded with Green group run.

I'll be at the track.

Another fantastic track session this morning! Thank you Pete and Karen.

Great company too.

Excellent to see yellow and purple group there too. Good job! :+1: Hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks John I really enjoyed track there is so much support from everyone it's such a nice group I feel I get a lot from track session and will definitely attend more thanks Karen and Pete :relaxed: