Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greenway Challenge Marshals

Hi Team

The next awesome NHRR race is nearing, and it's time for us to ask you lovely people to donate some time on hopefully a sunny summer's Sunday to make it another awesome event.

Greenway Challenge is on Sunday 13th May this year so if you could spare some hours to marshal the course or man the the cake stand, then we would be very grateful! There will be extra details nearer the time, but the race starts at 10am, and we will need volunteers for before, during and after, so you can still race and volunteer.

Please post below if you can help, it makes our lives much easier if we can start organising now :relaxed: Thanks guys!

Lucy H & John A

Re: Greenway Challenge Marshals

Hi
I can marshal I can help out during.

Hello- I'm happy to help. I'll be pretty pregnant so probably safest to help out with making the sandwiches beforehand or something as opposed to marshalling.

Hi Everyone,
Just to add, there is a new race, the Hitchin 10k, on the same day (aaaggghhh!), if possible, it'd be great if you were able to run or help out with the Greenway Challenge as we need helpers (although not as many as for Standalone, phew!).

and we'll also be needing cakes near the time too...

Thanks SO much as always!!!

Lindsay

I should be able to help marshal, sell cakes or whatever - I will also bring cake :smiley:

Hi,
I am happy to help wherever ;)
Helen C

Yes I am very happy to help wherever needed.

I Can help marshaland im sure vruve my mum into making cake !!!

I should be OK - might be up for tail run/walking duties, though could marshall instead as required.

Unfortunately cannot help this year as I am doing Halstead marathon. Brian, i would recommend using a bike as you have to be prepared for someone going off course and you have to go and find them. It has happened a couple of times and it’s not the person at the back! :bicyclist:

I can marshal or whatever you want me to do.

Monica

Thank you for all volunteering so early, it makes life so much easier for us when organising :relaxed: I think we still need some more so please keep posting if you can help

Thanks guys

I would quite like to run this if possible, but would be happy to help beforehand and pack away later .

Hi

I am running it but happy to turn up early and help out pre-race with the setting up @ standalone

James

I can help with this one.

I should be able to help

Sorry I can't help on the actual race now as I'm now running it but can provide cake 🎂 or I could help pre race maybe when you do race packs

I'm happy to help with Marshalling and set up

I am running it this year (!) but will be around before and after to help. xx

Hey! I’m going to run this now so can help out wherever needed before and after the run. Will also bring cake 🎂

Really sorry just realised Matt is doing a Triathlon that day so I can't help as I will have the kids.

I’m doing the hitchin 10k but have planned once finished to come over and help out. It’s starts an hour earlier. So can help at the end if needed . Please let me know, if not I’ll be there to support.

Jo kenlin

I have entered to run, but can stay to the bitter end to pack away once finished. 😊Oh and if course will bring cakes of some sort.

I can help out. I’d like to do the cake stand or a job somewhere around there as I don’t really want to be far out, away from other people in my current state. Thanks J

I can help after the Hitchin 10K and I’ll bring cake.

I can help.

Should be able to help marshal on the course.

I’d like to Marshall please.
Phil

I shall be there to help out.

Ian

Hello,
If I'm free I would like to help but I won't know until closer to the weekend. I'll let you know. Is it just on the day that you need helpers?

Do you need any help to n the Saturday?

Is a marshall's grid going to appear soon? I'd like to know what I'm doing. I'd like to squeeze a run in of my own before marshalling if I'm not tail running. :slightly_smiling_face:

We're fine on Saturday thanks Caroline!

Grid will be coming soon...

Hi, If you need more helpers I can help out Sunday just let me know where

It looks like I'll be able to help for a bit. I also need to squeeze in a run on Sunday so I'd prefer to help out before the race (before 10) or say after 12 noon.
Thanks

If it helps, I’m happy to marshal near the beginning and then move to a point further on to marshal again.

Hi

Anyone know what time I should arrive @ standalone on Sunday morn to help with the setup?
I’m assuming about 7:30ish???

Ta
J

7am James! No lie in for us!

hope that's ok!

Lol!!Yes no problem Lindsay, I was just joking:)

Hi

There is an issue with the Norton Road A1 bridge Marshall point. Have a look at the post in the other thread.

Ta
J

I'm at marshal point 12, near the end - like Jo says above, I can also go to an earlier marshal point first if that helps at all (as long as I have time to go via the farm and use the loo on the way to the second marshal point - it's a long time to be out there without a loo stop .... :persevere: )

Bushes linda bushes :relaxed:

Hi Lindsay, my 10 y.o. son wants yo come and help set up with me. Shall I bring him, will there be things he could help with? :)
Another half helper could be useful!

Hayley - unfortunately I know that my marshalling point is severely lacking
in vegetation!! :flushed:

Haha