Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 12

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

Good luck to everyone running the Ashridge Trail run on Saturday.

Week 11 was the busiest and highest mileage week so far! :runner: Well done everyone and I hope you all have an enjoyable week of running! :runner:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League
Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 12

17 miles in the sleet this morning. Stotfold, Letchworth and Baldock loop.

16.47 miles of mud, snow, hills, icy winds, more mud, more snow etc etc. at Ashridge Boundary Run this morning :smiley:

Well done u 2 plus another. It's so flipping cold today. I'm doing Oakley tomorrow, not keen at all but I'm sure I will be ok once set off.

What a lovely weekend! I was battling a cold at the start of the week too, so happy with getting through this week with some decent runs. And still on my run streak, I’m on an 82 consecutive days now.

Long runs for me this week;

Tuesday - 10.2 miles
Wednesday - 10.2 miles
Thursday - 10.75 miles
Sunday - 22.7 miles, Oakley 20 was cancelled in the morning, so we had to do an adhoc run/skate locally.

Thanks!

3 scoring runs this week for me:

Wednesday- 12 miles
Thursday - 15 miles
Sunday - 22 miles with John A, Stewart O, Ed P & Matt S

So when they cancel Oakley at 5am (no complaints, they really did try and from the photos clearly made the right decision), what do you do instead?

Find two nutters to go for a run in the biting wind and icey conditions anyway! Paul and I stuck together and talked our way around 13.1 miles. Kat went off and managed 20 miles in little more time than Paul and I took to do ours!

Not sure whether the hot sausage rolls and cheesy chips or the feeling of warm feet after a bath were the best post run feelings...

However, The company made it a great morning!

I did 18 snowy and muddy miles around the Nottinghamshire countryside yesterday

16.4 muddy miles on the Ashridge boundary run. Horrendous at the time. Fantastic to have finished ! 🙃

Hi Sue

3 scoring entries this week.

Tuesday = 11 miles around Baldock and Letchworth with John Auld for company.

Wednesday = 10.1 miles around St Albans before work.

Sunday = Oakley cancellation so 21.5 miles around the Greenway, Hitchin Hoop and a bit more with John A, Adam, Ed and Matt.

Many Thanks

Stewart

Forgot to post last week so Haverhill and Boxfit (27.5) for me!

23 miles this morning, on ice and mud. I should be fairly ready for a Marathon now...

17 miles today (Sunday). Mainly round Greenway, Fairfield Park.

half a point for me for 10.7 around some of the greenway on Sunday. It's been long time since rock n roll . . .

Following the cancellation of Oakley 20 yesterday I went out today and did #NOakley20!
20 miles round the greenway with bonus add ons!

16 miles Saturday morning
10 miles Tuesday