Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
List of London Marathon participants / spectators

It’s race week!

A scurry of Squirrels are heading to London next week! #TeamNHRR

If you’ve running or spectating, please post below.

If you are spectating, where will you be?

I’m running!

#BELIEVE

Re: List of London Marathon participants / spectators

I will be spectating in my usual place - roughly at about mile 22 on The Highway, amongst the sea of red and yellow balloons that is 'Fetchpoint.' This is where Fetcheveryone.com members gather to support not just fellow members but anyone else who needs it. You will see us twice: the first time just after coming over Tower Bridge at about the half way point - look for us on the opposite side of the road and give us a wave. I will be watching out for anyone in an NHRR vest and will give you a mighty cheer! On your way back you will pass us directly, around about mile 22 - we will have various goodies on offer for weary runners so feel free to stop if you need to, even if it's just for a quick chat and a hug/kick up the backside! Or give us another wave if you spot us in time!

Good luck to all the VLM runners - watch out for the rhinos ...... :runner: :runner: :runner:

Pete and I usually stand between 13&14 on way out and cross road to be at 21/22 on return. As usual Pete will take a small set of steps and a retractable hanger to fly the NHRR vest:) Current travel info is that trains are not running from Letchworth or Hitchin until 8.30am and Docklands Light Railway may be on strike so we will have to find an alternative route to Shadwell. Hope lots of you will be tempted to join us, sporting your NHRR jackets if you have them, it's a great day out!

Sue and I are coming - can't wait!

I'll be running 🙈

I’m running

I’m running! ðŸĪŠ

I’m running.

I’m running

Me and Stu will be part of the cheer squad

I'll be part of a cheering squad at mile 25 for the MS Trust. We have another at mile 17 and all of us will be looking out and cheering for NH runners. Good luck to you all!

I am deferring due to poorly timed injury... but will be at mile 23.2 on the right on Lower Thames Street as you approach Monument. I will be shouting loudly so even if you don't see me, hopefully you will hear me and I promise not to tell anyone "only 5k to go"!
Run well everyone and stay safe in the heat! Look forward to hearing about all your experiences and hope you achieve what you have trained so hard for!

So what is happening with the trains! I fancy coming along to watch but never been before so have no idea where to head to!!!!

Hi Hannah, we're not certain about Docklands strike so will keep looking at the website. We spectate on the Highway just past Tower Bridge so you can see everyone on the way out at 13 1/2 and when they are at 22M as well. I'll try and post which train we will be catching from Stevenage, anyone is welcome to join us.

Fantastic! Thanks Karen!

I'm thinking of heading down to watch/support.

I will be at the fetchpoint that Linda mentioned above. Will be looking out for the easy to spot black vests...

Hi, Astrid and I will be slap bang in the middle of the course doing our annual security job on the course hauling/persuading out illegal runners. We’ll be at the 600m to go sign. We’ll watch out for everybody. Good luck all.

I'll be at the finish, taking photos of your smiles and medals.

Last year we met up at the letter 'N' meeting point on Horseguards Parade. I'll be there again.

Have a great time everyone- 😉
We’ll be on the same stretch as Karen and Pete spotting NHRR vests and cheering 👏