Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greensand Ridge Relay

Dear All,

I have decided to start a new post to clarify the position. We are trying to sort out 4 teams for this event. There will be a fast mens team and ladies team and two other social teams.

I am trying to put together a social team. So, if anyone wants an enjoyable run along the Greensand Ridge with a happy go lucky group of fellow runners, regardless of age or ability, this is your team.

Thank you

Richard

Re: Greensand Ridge Relay

I do love a relay, and would love to have done this, but I will be away for a Big Birthday Weekend then so sadly can't volunteer :cry:

Maybe next year? :grinning:

I think I like the sound of social run not fast relay tell me more! Thankyou

Information for this race can be found here:

https://www.smoc.info/GSRR/gsrr.htm

it is a self navigated relay race where teams are set off according to their handicap. You will need to recce your leg prior to the race as there are no marshals to guide you, and only small route markings. As this is a handicap race, you may not see any other runners on your leg, so trying to follow the person in front may not be an option (hence a good recce is essential).

This is a good social event with all the runners in each team driving together between legs to cheer in / set off each team member. It ends up in the pub at Northill, so it would be more enjoyable if all the runners were there for the whole relay (rather than just doing their leg and going home)

Great day out!