Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brum in the sun - masters’ international 10k

I was running for England masters vs the ‘Celtic nations’ as part of the Birmingham 10k (televised on channel 5). Selection was due to be via three selection races, two of which were then cancelled due to the ‘beast from the east’. So, selection was done largely on the basis of 2017 performances.

We started just behind the elites (Andy Vernon et al) which worked well given the large field and relatively narrow start. The course was a variant on our-and-back, rather hillier than I was expecting with an uphill last mile.

I managed to finish first m50, 22 overall, in 33-34. Second 5k much slower than the first thanks to the heat and the uphill finish.

Re: Brum in the sun - masters’ international 10k

Fab effort and time. Great that you are putting NHRR on the map.

Andrew that is just amazing! Seriously well done! Yesterday I was quite pleased with myself for managing 5.25k laps in just under 30 mins. Today you run twice as far in only 10% longer. I guess that is why you wear an England vest and I don't!

Well done, great result!

Congratulations Andrew. I hope you enjoyed the event despite the heat. Very hard to go better than this, being best in your age group at an England Athletics Event. I hope this was a qualifier for next years event - you certainly deserve it if it was.

Spotted you on the TV at the start:) Congratulations on winning the V50 and on a good time given the heat and twisting nature of the course.

Well done Andrew! A bit hit and miss with the qualification by the sound of it, but a great result!
Looking forward to Highgate on the 19th....

Congratulations Andrew, great result

Dave

Congratulations Andrew, top performance