Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 8th, Thurs 10th & Sat 12th May

Tuesday's session for blues, greens and purples is a fartlek of 7 x 3 mins with 1 min easier runing between each effort or an easy run with strides if you are intending to race on Thursday. Due to the rain we missed the Balke 200s at Highfield 2 weeks ago so if anyone is interested in doing this session I would be happy to coach at the track. Unfortunately I cannot access emails currently so am unable to post yellow group session as Brian has recently send me his new schedule.

Thursday is our 1st MWL race at Chingford, start tine 7.30pm. Realising that not everyone will be able to make this fixture Brian is offering a run to the Lavender fields for any purple and yellows who would like to run from the club.

Not sure about Saturday track just 2 days after a hard race but if there is any interest in drills please post as I am available. Happy running in the sunshine:)

Re: Training Tues 8th, Thurs 10th & Sat 12th May

I'm worried now! Is Chingford that hard?? Lol! If anybody has the route on strava from last year I'd like to take a look. Don't worry I won't pull out of the race but I like to prepare!

I'm interested in Saturday's track session too if it's happening.

Tuesday - Fartlek 7 x 3 mins (2 min regroup & trot)

Thursday Yellows/Purples not racing MWL - run to Lavender Fields

Sooooo... Will there be track tonight???

I’m up for it!

Hi Angeliki,

I haven't run it but I am aware there are two large hills in the middle of the race amounting to a total climb of around 150 meters...... I haven't seen the route map either but I heard someone once saying, 'Hills make us stronger'.

I have seen it David but I kept what I've seen quiet lolol!!
Absolutely. And don't forget, everyone else will be running up those hills, not just us! We'll be fine!

... And despite the two hills, there's a lot of downhill too!

I like this one - it's a great route and what goes up has to come down - but it hugely breaks my drive time to run time ratio rule...

Fab session last night - thanks Karen and Pete!

I think this is the route - a lollipop, so technically only one hill. However we run it on the out and also on the back. Easier on the out.

https://www.plotaroute.com/route/464119

:grinning:

Brian, I'm going to wait for you at the Wilbury, What time do you suggest 7:45?

No track for us on Saturday Karen, sorry we are away

Karen, if I come to track could I do my own training this Saturday? I've got something in mind that I want to do :). Sorry I'm new and I don't know how it works

Hi Angeliki, no one is going to the track tomorrow so Pete and I will not be going. However you would be very welcome to go and run your own session. Just ask for Tessa from Spartans and pay her £2 if you decide to go,

Thanks Karen. I can't make up my mind. Without NHRR it will he lonely lol!