Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greenway Challenge - parking information and marshal info

Hi Everyone,

The marshal grid for Sunday's race is being finalised and will be posted asap, thanks so much for volunteering to help!

Important update for parking on Sunday. Sadly, we will not be able to use the large field we have used before. As you know, it has been a very damp few months and despite the warm weather of the last couple of weeks the field has not dried out enough for us to use.

New car parking information (RUNNERS ONLY)
- We can use some, but not all, of the Standalone Farm overflow parking. This means there are 150 places available on the farm for us to use
- Please do not park on the hard standing at Standalone Farm
- Given the limited car parking spaces, please, please car share as much as possible, walk if you are nearby, cycle etc.
- We also have use of the car park at the Spirella Building which is a 13 minute/0.7 mile walk away

NHRR volunteers can park in the big field or it might be better to park considerately in one of the local streets. Please walk, cycle, car share etc if you can! We are asking NHRR not to park in the Standalone Farm car park so it can be used for runners.

Timings:
Some people will be needed at the farm for setup from 7am
car park will open at 8 (so car park marshals will need to be there for 8)
marshal briefing is at 830
race starts at 10
estimated race finish approx 1-130 then it will be tidy up time...

Hope that is all ok!

Thanks!!
Lindsay

Re: Greenway Challenge - parking information and marshal info

Hi,

as per my other note I can help for a short time preferably in the morning if that's ok because of family commitments and I also need to squeeze in a run at some point so if there's anywhere I could help until around 10am that would be great!
Thanks

Hi,
Here's the marshall grid, Please check that you are somewhere you are happy with at a time you are happy to help, shout if you aren't and we can probably change things around.

If anyone else is available to help, let us know, I am sure we can find something for you to do!

Timings:

7am for farm setup

car park and number pickup open at 8am (so be there a few mins early, especially car park people as we need to explain what is going on with the car park)

marshal briefing at 830 prompt

See you on Sunday!
Lindsay

Hi
I did update on the original post that due to deciding to run quite sometime ago I said I was now unable to marshal but could possibly help out before with race packs.
I updated the minute I decided to run!
You have me down for 7 am and 12.15 clear up I definitely will not be back to clear up at 12.15 and won't be able to be there at 7 am before running a half.

Sorry if there has been a misunderstanding..

I can post the message I sent sometime ago.

Regards
Hayley

it's ok, things get missed in threads sometimes, we will update the grid!

if anyone else is available to marshal then let us know, we could do with one or two more people!

Lindsay, Sue F may be able to tail bike in my place as I don't have a bike!

Thankyou if I can still walk after and you need help then I'll of course muck in.

ah Brian! Can someone lend you one? I think mine would be too small...

Hi Lindsay. I'm new to this. Do I need to have transport to get from the marshalling brief to my marshalling spot? Just trying to plan my day. Thanks

Hi! Depends on your spot...just popping out but can have a look back later and let you know.
Lindsay

Hi

Brian you can use my bike if you want, i will be at standalone early (7ish) so find me if you want it.

For the Marshal stationed on Norton Road where the greenway crosses from the grange (norton area) towards the stables at nortonbury.
The A1 bridge is (if you aren’t already aware) being repaired and there is heras fencing in blocking the normal route. The road is closed but the issue is the gap (or lack of it) between the hedges and the heras fencing.

I have spent a hour and a bit there today chopping back the trees & bushes and moving the fencing at the main pinch point. So it is now much better than it was - but still not great.

May i suggest that normal greenway users (pedestrians & cyclists) coming anti-clockwise (aka from the nortonbury equestian centre to norton) are directed on the Grange side of the road to use the vehicle entrance to the field (the gate is a single high bar and cycles can be wheeled underneath and people will have to duck - but is wide and easily done. This will keep the tight gap between the heras fencing to the normal gate free for the runners coming clockwise (who cannot see if there is anyone coming the other way until it is too late).

The Nortonbury side is wider (which is lucky as there is no other option).

I’m sure it will be fine but just something to consider (it could be tricky for just one Marshall to manage as you can’t see through the portakabins) suggest they station themselves on the corner of fencing on the Grange side so as to direct normal users to the farm gate and still be able to see the runners coming up clockwise.

Cheers
James