Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Midweek league race 3 information

Hello everybody! I have received the information for our next race at Trent park Park to continue our division one campaign.

The organisers have asked me to emphasise the importance of following their parking instructions, and of car sharing or using public transport wherever possible.

Please post below if you need a lift, or can offer a seat in your car. Those who work in London will be looking for a lift home, I'm sure.

I look forward to seeing loads of squirrels out racing next week!

Ellie

BARNET & DISTRICT ATHLETIC CLUB & TRENT PARK RUNNING CLUB SCOTT’S TRAVEL MIDWEEK ROAD RACE LEAGUE 2018 Race 3 – TRENT PARK

Date: Thursday 7th June 2018

Start Time: 7.45 pm

Distance and Course:
10km (or as close as we can make it!), to be run on the roadways and paths of Trent Park (see course map).

The course will start with a clockwise lap of the field to the south of Lime Avenue, before heading east on Lime Avenue. The course then turns left down a gravel path to start two laps of the woodland section, before returning to Lime Avenue and the finish.

The course is undulating and may be wet in places depending on the weather conditions. It is however suitable throughout for normal road running shoes.

Changing: Changing & Shower facilities are available at Trent Park Running Club HQ:

Southgate Hockey Centre
Snakes Lane
London
EN4 0PS

Parking: Parking is available within Trent Park but is likely to be limited. Given the
proximity of Trent Park to Cockfosters and Oakwood underground stations, use of public transport is therefore strongly recommended. If you intend to drive, please car-share as much as possible.

Please note – there is NO parking available at Southgate Hockey Club due to the on-going development by Berkeley Homes. Please DO NOT attempt to park there - you will be turned away.

Car parking is available at:
The Cockfosters entrance to Trent Park
Cockfoster Road
London
EN4 0JZ

It is essential that all cars leave here after the race, as this car park
shuts at 9pm.

Please note there have been roadworks outside the entrance to the Park recently and these may be ongoing on the evening of the race. If this is the case, it will take longer to get into the Park. Please ensure
you leave sufficient time to complete your journey and get to the start in time!

Cars must not be parked on any of the roads within Trent Park. This includes Snakes Lane.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD DRIVERS PARK ON THE SURROUNDING ROADS. This is to comply with restrictions imposed by London Borough of Enfield. Anyone parking in local roads will risk damaging our ability to hold future events at this venue.

If car parks become full at Trent Park, runners will be told to use local car
parks, for example at Cockfosters underground station.

Start & Finish: The start will be on the grass field near the Cockfosters Road car park, close to the pond and to ‘Go Ape’. This is approximately 5 mins walk from
race HQ - Southgate Hockey Centre.

Please ensure you make your way to the Start area by 7.35pm so that the Race can start on time.

Please note that, in accordance with the rules of the Midweek Road Race League and UK Athletics, the wearing of earphones of any sort, or iPods/mp3 players, is not permitted and will lead to disqualification by the race referee.

Refreshments: Complimentary refreshments will be provided by the two host clubs after the race at the race HQ - Southgate Hockey Centre. This is a short walk from the finish area.

Directions from major roads:

The Cockfosters Road (A111) entrance to Trent Park is approximately two miles to the south of Junction 24 of the M25, on the left hand side, or just over half a mile to the north of the junction of the A111 and A110 (Bramley Road), on the right hand side (sat nav EN4 0JZ).

Public Transport:
Access Trent Park from either Cockfosters or Oakwood Tube stations, the last two stops on the Piccadilly Line.

From Cockfosters station: approximately 5-10 minute walk to start area. Turn right out of the station, walk approx. 300 metres north along Cockfosters Road, past the BP Garage (with M&S), Main gates of the park
are on the right hand side of the road.

From Oakwood station; approximately 15 minute walk to the Race HQ.
Turn right out the station, walk approx. 50 meters, cross Bramley Road and turn left into Snakes Lane, walk approx. 1200m. Southgate Hockey Club is at the top of Snakes lane.

Both stations are also served by bus routes; - Cockfosters 289 / 299 / 384
& Oakwood 121, 307 / 377 / 299.

Members of the host clubs welcome you to Trent Park and hope that you enjoy your Race!

Re: Midweek league race 3 information

Hi Ellie, I will need a lift to Trent Park please.
Monica

Was home alone with the kids for the Race 1...
Was a bit injured for Race 2...

Will be traveling back from Manchester on the night of Race 3 :sob:

No luck for me on this year's MWL...

Hi Ellie,

I would like to run MWL on Thursday as V65 (I’m Sarah M’s Dad). I’ve ordered a vest but need a number. Please can I / Sarah pick it up at training Tuesday or I’ll come a bit earlier on Thursday.

Thank you!

David

Hi David

I don't remember seeing the completed membership form from you, though I do remember seeing a payment of subs. Please could you resend or complete one here ?

Many thanks

Phil

Just completed it, thanks Phil.

Thanks Ellie,

I’ve run it in 2015 and 2016 and it was 8.3km and 9.4km respectively.

Ive found this strava segment from last year. Looks like they have made some improvements, for one, it’s actually over 6miles now, 9.8km. But you might not consider that an improvement!

But also, it looks like they use the road for the start/finish - rather than the rabbit warren field. Although there looks to be about the same amount field, just you get to use the road as well...

David Parsons
Hi Ellie,

I would like to run MWL on Thursday as V65 (I’m Sarah M’s Dad). I’ve ordered a vest but need a number. Please can I / Sarah pick it up at training Tuesday or I’ll come a bit earlier on Thursday.

Thank you!

David
Hi David,

I'm not at the club on Tuesday, I'm afraid, but will certainly bring the numbers with me to the race on Thursday for you to collect.

Thanks,
Ellie

John A
Thanks Ellie,

I’ve run it in 2015 and 2016 and it was 8.3km and 9.4km respectively.

Ive found this strava segment from last year. Looks like they have made some improvements, for one, it’s actually over 6miles now, 9.8km. But you might not consider that an improvement!

But also, it looks like they use the road for the start/finish - rather than the rabbit warren field. Although there looks to be about the same amount field, just you get to use the road as well...
Thanks for this John. It's annoying when it's just under 10km but not quite 10km!
Was there a parking problem when you ran in 2016?

Parking is a bit tight, yeah. Get there early.

Just noticed too, as pointed out my Simon, the loop is the opposite way round!

I will do. Thank you :). The Strava route doesn't show elevation on my mobile. I'll check on the computer in case it's more detailed.

I'm really sorry to say I can't take up last place this week I'll have to leave it to someone else I'm down with a nasty cold.
I'll be back fitter and faster at race 4 I promise.....

Hayley

Well if you will go bathing in mud Hayley ...:laughing:

Lol that was totally worthwhile

I'll be driving to and from Letchworth if anyone needs a lift I'll have 3 spaces

Stuart Cocks is going I'm not due to stinky cold he may want a lift if you have space.
I'll ask him get back to you

Hi Stu would like a lift please where should he meet you and what time? Thanks

Phil, please may I join u for a lift?

Yep to Paul and Stu. I reckon between 6 and 6:15. I can come and pick you up if that works? I have your home addresses if that' where you'll be? Or can meet you at Spirella. Whatever's easiest for you

Cool if you can pick Stu up from our home address that would be perfect he will keep an eye out for you from 6 pm thanks Phil

Have got two spots for anyone wanting a lift to or from the race tonight. Will be coming from Hinxworth so happy to pick up from Spirella or other convenient locations at 5.50 to make sure we get a parking space the other end and a good warm up.

Hi, again I will be travelling from Welwyn Garden City to Trent Park, I have three spaces, and then back to Letchworth. Let me know if you need a lift back with me bearing in mind I will be a sticky mess post race lol!!

Just got the green light from my boss that I can leave work early, so I shall see you all later.

Hayley cocks
Cool if you can pick Stu up from our home address that would be perfect he will keep an eye out for you from 6 pm thanks Phil
Will do Hayley

I'm going but not running, so can do finish line duty if required. :relaxed:

Ellie - I have the clipboards and pens, will bring them to the Bird Run Sat am.
The results sheets were handed to a guy from Trent Park but have a photographic record of them. I'll transcribe (is that the right word?) some of these shortly...

Scoring Men:
Mark Vaughan 13th
Adam Bowller 22nd
Andy Mutton 23rd
Matt Sayers 24th
John Rayner 28th
Ryan Smith 37th
Stewart Overton 40th
Steve McKeown 45th
Nick Malpeli 48th
Oliver Brady 51st
Darren Matussa 53rd
Adrian Sherwood 60th

Scoring Women:
Kate Harbon 1st
Astrid McKeown 4th
Paula Adams 5th
Sarah Mitcherson 10th
Helen Cairns 27th
Sam Barry 44th
Paula Holm 47th
Caroline Thrussell 49th

Well done,all! Some great positions there.

Sorry work kept me away on this occasion.

Well done to our super speedy ladies! To have half the scoring team in the top 10 is fantastic!

Special congratulations to Katie for going one better than her two previous second placed finishes to win the race and edge clear in first place overall.

But equally important, yet another fantastic team effort. If they gave points for team spirit, we would be running away with the league. Great running by everyone - there were certainly plenty of strong finishes.

Echo Andy’s comments about the fantastic team spirit and just want to thank Andy for travelling all the way from Reading to make such an excellent contribution to our team performance. Also hope Lindsay is OK after her fall and that Simon’s foot is not badly injured. Tonight was a toughie so do treat yourself to an extra rest day or easy recovery run:)

Well done Team NHRR! That’s a toughie of a course and looks like you all ran your socks off!
😊😊😊

Thanks for putting those results up Brian. The guy who puts all the results together was away yesterday, so the full results won't be up quite as early as they sometimes are. I'll keep you all updated!

It was great to see lots of us out running together. Lindsay and Simon - hope you're feeling ok?

Ellie

Awesome running everybody! Another brilliant/fun MWL evening. I predict that the Men finished 4th and the Women came 3rd with a 3rd/4th overall ðŸĪŠ

Another great effort from the Squirrels! I'd predict the women finishing a bit higher, actually .....:muscle:

Thanks for checking up on me, I am fine! I have a puffy left ankle, a grazed right leg and a bruised ego :-)

Really glad that you are ok Linsday and hopefully nothing a few days rest won't fix.

The results are up - Men 3rd, Ladies 4th and 2nd overall - what a fantastic result.

We are now 9 points clear of Barnet, so even if they got maximum points at Stevenage, as long as we don't finish last, then will be in Division 1 again next year. Well done everyone!