Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 23

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

Spare a thought for an amazing runner called Oriol Antola Sarrua. Two days ago on Wednesday, 30th May he was the first person to complete the Monarch's Way Ultra foot race. It took him 12 days and five hours to cover the journey of 615 miles originally taken by King Charles II. The cut-off is 14 days. They have to cover a minimum of 43 miles each day, no rest days or overnight stops. Incredible! :star: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 23

10 miles for me this morning taking in most of the HOOP. Lovely to be able to think about running these routes again. I had great company for most of it - thank you Chris, Sarah and David. They all did slightly more miles than me though.

13.67 miles around Willian, Wymondley, Gravely and Weston this sunny morning, including 10 minutes exploring Wymondley castle. Who knew???!!

Hi Sue,

2 scoring runs this week:

Tuesday 12.3 miles
Sunday 10.5 miles

Thanks

Another hilly, muggy expedition out to Preston for me this morning - 13.1 miles in total. The very warm conditions and my weary legs - still knackered from gorge-walking last week - meant I had lots of walk breaks on the way round. Very glad to get home!

By the way, Sue, I love all your little snippets of interesting information on here about amazing running feats and people - thank you!

13.1 miles for me today round Quickswood loop. Very warm.

Less impressive than Sarrua Sue, Chris, David and I ran the Hoop this morning most of it with Jane. The boys ran an additional mile home. Although if Sarrua had Chris Stokes as a running buddy he may not have lasted the distance 😉

Cork Half Marathon this morning. Absolutely amazing event from collecting my number to the finish line. Would highly recommend it 😃

10 hot humid and hungover miles for me today, Letchworth to Baldock(where the hangover started last night) back to Letchworth.
And felt much better on my return home.....the power of running cures all :grinning:

10 miles on saturday...

Hey! As mentioned I ran 21k with Chris, Jane and Sarah. Fine weather and fine chat. Cheers!

Four long runs for me this week!
13 miles on Monday, 10 miles on Thursday, then 13.3 and 10 miles over the weekend!

10 miles on Thursday and 10 miles on Sunday for me this week