Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mid week league marshals

Dear All,

Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to assist with marshaling on Wednesday.We will be marshaling the Fairlands Lakes part of the course.

As the race starts at 7.45pm we need to be in position at 7.30pm so that Jo, Zone Commander 2, can give the thumbs up for the race to start.

We also need to ensure that the water station in the park is set.

So, the marshal briefing will be at 7pm in the large car park off Six Hills Way. There is no post code. For you Park Runners, its the main PR car park. Jo will be doing the briefing.

It may appear a bit early but it gives time for a bit of faffing, chatting and difficult questions.

The main 3 points to be covered before positions are given out are.

1. Looking after yourself. It will be warm. Bring a hat and sun glasses. Bring water and a chair if required.
2. Communications. Make sure your mobile phone is fully charged, on and with noise.
3. Be positive. Both with directions, actions and how you respond with a casualty. You will have an emergency contact sheet with medical details on.

Thank you.

Richard:relaxed:

Re: Mid week league marshals

Hi Dickie - is that the car park just before the cafe and boat houses and stuff?

Hi Dickie, do you have the list of marshalls that you need for weds. I'm happy to Marshall but if you have enough marshalls I would quite like to run. Thanks.

Jo,

Its the big one near the entrance off 6 Hills Way.

Caroline,

You are not on my list. Run fast and free.

R

Dickie, I am not planning to run now (minor hamstring issue), so am available to help. I might not get away from work very promptly, but could perhaps help at the start / finish?

Dickie put me down for Marshaling start/finish or other- Markd

Hi,

Sorry, for late notice, but I'm now available for marshalling if needed.

Thanks,

Ed

James and Ed,

Please can you help me at the start.

Thank you.

Dickie

Hi Dickie,

I volunteered to marshal then last week we were told Blue and Green groups were running.

Am I a runner or a marshal?

I don't mind which - I just need to bring appropriate shorts and trainers or flip flops ;-)

Zone commander here - bring midge repellent or clothes to cover skin, it can be midge hell out there xxx

Sure!

Zone commander - you are wise well beyond your years. Midge repellent just put in my car. First time for everything.
:joy:

Hi Michelle
You are a marshal. 7pm car park in fair lands lakes off 6 hills way.
Over
Richard

Hi dickie. Am I marshalling or running please ?
Thanks

Yes will help at start.

Is there a list of who is marshalling somewhere, am I marshalling?

Whooop! Flip flops it is then :grinning:

Hi Christine and Ally,

Yes you are both marshaling. Please can you be at Fairlands Lakes at 7pm for a briefing by Jo.

It is the entrance of Six Hills Way.

We need more marshals than planned because of the hot weather. I am trying to have two water stations.

Thank you.

Dickie

Am I running or marshalling please? Need to know so I come appropriately attired ......

Hi, I am able to get away from work to help tonight. May be a bit late getting over but I can help with a water station if required.

Dickie Jo,
I'm heading over now to help Marshall will be there at 7.15.

Mike