Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
News News News News News News News

Hello again 👋🏻

You know the drill. Any reports of racing or otherwise please let me know below. If you do could you put your full name as I am not on first and second name terms with you all. There was a race on Wednesday which I could mention I suppose, otherwise let me know below.

Thanks!

David

Re: News News News News News News News

Great Barrow Challenge Day 4 of the 10 Marathons in 10 Days - lovely on/off road run but a bit hot and slow today! Finished in 4.39

After a hot and hilly Hitchin Half last week I was looking forward to a slightly flatter Bassingbourne Half this morning......well it was HELL, so hot and absolutely no shade anywhere and not as flat as I'd hoped. anyway happy just to finish in 2 Hours 04 I believe as haven't been able to find any official times.
I do have to say it was a lovely route and would like to go and run it again in slightly better conditions.
Katie Harbon, Darren Matusssa, Naomi Parkingson, Dave Framptom, Ellie Scott and Venessa also did this but cant tell you their times.

Hi David

I think you get the parkruns automatically but if not I ran Kings Lynn parkrun on Saturday finishing in 1st place in a time of 17:16.

Happy writing

Stewart 😀

Thank you Jo, Alan and Stewart. I don't get the parkrun emails Stewart but I saw you smash it on Strava!

This weekend I ventured south to Ellenbrook Fields parkrun for a change and ended up finishing 3rd lady and gaining a new PB of 22.49. It was a very hot one, but nice and flat and fast.

Sorry I didn't see this in time - here is the link to get the consolidated club parkrun results for future ref. http://www.parkrun.com/results/consolidatedclub/?clubNum=867

Going back to the Bassingbourne half have not seen full results yet , nice to see that I got the vet 60 award in a time of 1.38.16. Not a day for fast times.
As Alan said , the day was blistering hot with heat coming off the road surface . I have rarely seen so many runners having to walk in a race . I think my plan to actually stop at each water station , drink lots of water and throw one cup over my head must have worked as runners started coming back to me in the last few miles. My special thanks to the woman with the garden hose!

Dave

I was also at the sweltering Bassingbourn Half.

Conditions were brutal for racing, but thanks to some kind words of support from the lovely Jo and Dickie around 9 miles and the lady with the hose who was incredible, managed to sneak in a sub 2 hours with 1:59

Amusingly there were lots of problems with the chip timings and I logged as impressive 1:37 which put me (wrongly) as 3rd place female - I had to explain to a very confused timing guy that I actually crossed the line 22 minutes after that! I am happy to report the rightful owner of 3rd place lady was Katie Harbon with 1:38 so will gladly pass the trophy on to her!