Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 27

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

Without wishing to state the obvious, it is extremely hot and it looks like it is going to continue over the weekend. :sunny: So, whether you are running long or short this weekend, please remember to stay hydrated. Good places to refill your bottles are churches :church: and stables :horse_racing: which usually have a tap somewhere and, if you can find one, a shop! So take some money with you!

Failing that, it may be worth just going swimming instead! :fish:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 27

Correction - this is Week 28!

Hi Sue

3 entries for me this week.

Tuesday : 10,5 miles around St Albans with Darren.

Wednesday : 10.1 miles around the duck pond at Verulamium as part of a speed session.

Saturday: 6am Greenway run 13 miles with John R, Darren S, Jim, Tom and Mark streaking off in the distance. 😀

Many thanks

Stewart

Hi Sue - I don't think I have posted since Leaden Boot as I've had other things on my mind so ...

Farthingstone Foot Fest 27.35, Baslow Boot Bash 27.75, GBC Day 4 26.66, GBC Day 7 26.00, GBC Day 10 26.20.

For info everyone - I'm only reporting my runs out of interest, I've topped this table twice so I'm HC now as I think my sort of running gives me a bit of an unfair advantage so COME ON LADIES - GET THOSE LONG RUNS IN AND MAKE A BATTLE OF IT!

Other places to blag bottle refills - people washing cars or watering gardens, kids playing outside their houses, random corner shop stock room, Bob Boss out cycling with spare water, yes, I've done all these as well as the previously mentioned churches, stable yards and shops. Pubs also sell drinks but there is a risk of that getting a bit messy...

10.2 miles up to Norton Common, round the FSOM and then back down to Ickleford again for me today - came back past the lavender fields and it was so lovely I had to stop and take a photo :smiley:

46km which I think is just overt 28 miles in the Maverick ultra - lake district for me.

Hi Sue,

3 scoring runs this week:

Tuesday - 11.4 miles around Baldock
Wednesday- 13.6 miles on the greenway
Sunday - 18.1 miles on the quickswood loop

No long run for me this week, but I did 2 x 10.1 mile the week before but forgot to post it. Please can I have these added.

Hi Sue

Well done to everyone who ran / raced this weekend.

Paula Adams, Chris Poole and I ran early from the tennis club 13.5m up to Quickswood - Clothall - Weston - Graveley

11 miles today, too hot at 7.30 am already :scream:

10.5 miles for me today Letchworth/Stotfold (getting lost on overgrown public footpaths) back on Greenway to Letchworth via the stables at Radwell to refill my water bottle there thanks to your comments about keeping hydrated. Thanks Sue I wouldn't of thought about doing that.

10 miles for me on Sunday - ran to the gym the long way! Very hot even with an early start, very glad to have my camelbak with me!