Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race results for weekly press report, week ending 15 July

Hi all,

Please post race results for this week's press report below.

Thanks

Ed

Re: Race results for weekly press report, week ending 15 July

I did the Scott Snowdonia Trail Half Marathon today. No where near as impressive as Jim who did the full in a super speedy time that I could only dream of! I was 30 minutes faster than last time though in a time of 3.15.23. It's a brutal 7miles up Snowdon (Which reminded me why I had said I would never do the event again!). However the run downhill into Llanberis was rather enjoyable!

I did the Lulworth Cove Challenge as described in my post. Sue Foot

We did the fairlands valley challenge ultra today. Should have been 50k, but was actually 55k! Temperatures topped 29 degrees so there was a lot of shade hunting, including fighting some horses for shade. Definitely would recommend if you want a challenge!

Hannington Hike for me as described in my other post.

Hi ed
11th out off 698 entrants in my first marathon outing at the snowdonia trail marathon. 4h23
Starts and finishes in Llanberis town.
Two large climbs (0-3 miles and 19-23 miles) and scenic rocky gravel trails through out...one hill of.course being being Snowdon itself. After a strong 18 miles the hot humid day started to get a grip on me and delivered dizzy spells toward the top of snowdon..dehydrated and low on food.. the Pyg track is notoriously steep and windy at the top.

Dreaded cramp set in 3 miles from the end on the descent even after a good and water top up at the last aid station. Ow ow ow. Cue slow grind to the finish.
Lost some time and places but still finished with a big smile from this excellent event as it felt like a monumental achievement.
Appetite whetted... I might just try another...maybe a flat road one next time...so watch out ;-)
Cheers. JIM

Jim,

I did not realise it was your first marathon. What a tough one to chose! I did manage to get a photo of you at the start. I'll post it on the Facebook page.

Well done!

Next time try Marathon Eryri. It's the road version starting and finishing in the same place. It's beautiful. This year will be my third year.

Hi :),

I did my first Spartan race on Sunday in Marston Lodge but I don't think it counts as it's not just running. It was very very hot but very enjoyable. Dan Mallett was in my team too. Got back in one piece and didn't have to do too many burpees :)

Great results this weekend. Special congrats to Jim on what was definitely a 'monumental' marathon debut!

Took part in the Women’s Running Race Series 10k in Milton Keynes on Sunday 15 July. Was super hot, but managed to finish in under 50mins with a time of 49.55, finishing in 8th place out of 317 runners. Really pleased with that! 👍🏃🏻‍♀️