Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending Sunday 22nd July

Please post race reports for this week's press report here.

Just a reminder: only reports included in this thread will be used. Also, please make sure you've included your full name, and the full name of the race/event. The cut-off time is 7pm this evening.

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Press report for week ending Sunday 22nd July

6 squirrels headed to Bedford on Friday evening for the Beds AAA 10k. The fast & flat course delivered some excellent results

6th Mark Vaughan 34:26 1st M45
7th Adam Bowller 34:29 new pb by 32 seconds
19th Stewart Overton 35:58
27th Ryan Smith 37:49 new pb & beds v40 champion
151st Ian Sutcliffe 54:42
156th Sue Vaughan 55:28

The mens team of 4 finished 2nd on the night beaten by a cumulative time of just 5 seconds

5 squirels headed to Panshanger Park 5 Mile race on Thursday evening for the second race in the Midsummer 5 Mile Series.

It was a warm evening, and there was a good turn out for the race. The Ladies team went into the race currently in 1st place after coming 4th, 5th and 10th in the first race, but with a bigger field in this race knew we’d have to dig deep to maintain this.

The race was beautiful and scenic around Panshanger Park and the sun snuck behind some clouds which made it a little cooler, we also found ourselves running through a film set about 2 miles in which was very surreal.

The Ladies team kept up their performance from the previous race to take first place in the series (yay!). And the boys made sure we all got home safely. I think there were a few PB’s too!

NAOMI PARKINSON. 00:39:13 Lady 6 Female 7 Jillian Boys. 00:40:05 Lady 11 Female 12 LUCY HURLEY 00:42:23 Lady 16 Female 21 ADAM WILSON 00:43:38 M40 28 Male 78 ALAN HAZLEHURST. 00:43:51 M50 16 Male 79

Like true athletes we went to the chip shop after to celebrate ☺️

Apologies Ryan was a minute quicker than that! His time was 36:49

Myself and Astrid McKeown voyaged down to Redhill Aerodrome in Surrey for the Caterham Rotary Half Marathon this morning, which incorporated the British Masters Half Marathon Championships.

It was (unsurprisingly) a warm one, and personally I found the undulating 2 lap course hard going the second time around, managing a Seasons Worst time of 01:23:41 managing to go 10s slower than at the Hitchin Hard Half (maybe it wasn't so hard after all ?).

Astrid came 3rd FV45, and won the British Masters FV45 Bronze. I came in 5th MV45, but also managed to get a British Masters MV50 Bronze.

Official Results copied below:

Pos Gun Time Chip Time Name Club Gender Category Race No. Gen. Pos Cat. Pos

14 01:23:42 01:23:41 Nicholas Malpeli North Herts RRC M Male Vet 50 289 13 5

47 01:33:28 01:33:25 Astrid McKeown North Herts RRC F Female Vet 45 292 8 3

Bedford Super Sprint Triathlon 22nd July:

In perfect racing conditions this morning before the sun came out I took on the Bedford Tri again - for my 11th time!

I set new PRs for all three sections again clocking an overall time of 1h 26m 28s, almost 4 minutes quicker than last time.

I am very happy with that. 11th in my age group.

The event is very beginner friendly and needs more entries for 30th September... who's up for trying a Tri?