Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tuesday 4th, Thursday 6th & Saturday 8th Sept

With 47 squirrels entered in the Hatfield 5km on Wednesday it may be a relatively quiet week for training. If you are racing then you might still like to come to the club for a 20-30 minute easy run, possibly with some strides, on Tuesday and a further easy recovery run on Thursday. There are still 82 places left for this week's race but please note there are no entries on the day so if you are still thinking about it do take the plunge and sign up:)

For those of you not able to race there will be a session of Runnalow reps for purple group on Tuesday and a fartlek of 7 x 3 mins with 1 min easy running to regroup for blues and greens. On Thursday purples have the fartlek session whilst blue and green group session is a 25 min threshold run after a 15 min warm up and followed by a 15 min warm down.

Track will be on on Saturday, 9.15am at Stevenage, £2 payable to FVS for track hire and the rep session will be a pyramid of 200/400/600/600/400/200m. If anyone is keen to increase the distance run you can add in an 800m or 2:)

As usual Brian will post yellow group training.

Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tuesday 4th, Thursday 6th & Saturday 8th Sept

Definitely recommend Hatfield 5K series if you want to go for an officially recognised time - no entries on the day.

For those NOT racing training this week is:

Tuesday 4th - 6 x 0.5M Hill loops on Norton Common

Thursday 6th - 8 x 3 mins on Greenway (Standalone->Grange section)

I'd like to come to track, please :smiley:

I'm hoping to be at the track!

Thank you

Hi Karen

I shall be at the track on Saturday .

Many thanks

Stewart

Me and Stu will be there depending on what time he gets in from a night

I’ll be at the track, thanks!

Looking forward to seeing you all:). Drills planned, hope you’ e been practicing:)

2 typos in message above - hope you’ve been practising!