Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 42

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

The next time you go out for a "hike" think of it more as a "saunter" as quoted below by John Muir:

"I don't like either the word 'hike' or the thing. People ought to saunter in the mountains - not 'hike!' Do you know the origin of that word saunter? It is a beautiful word. Away back in the Middle Ages people used to go on pilgrimages to the Holy Land, and when people in the villages through which they passed asked where they were going they would reply,' A la sainte terre', 'To the Holy Land.' And so they became known as sainte-terre-ers or saunterers. Now these mountains are our Holy Land, and we ought to saunter through them reverently, not 'hike' through them.”

Have a great week of running or evening sauntering! :runner: :wink:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 42

A very, very wet run around Henlow/Langford, on and off-road this morning. I clocked up just under 11 miles altogether - including an unscheduled change of route when we encountered a very new fence and bolted gate across our route, shortly followed by a big patch of nettles. We thought it best to retrace our steps at that point. Thanks to Andrew P for leading us round - there's never a dull moment on a Yellow group exploratory run! :laughing:

15 wet miles of Hitchin hoop from letchworth

I was also with the yellows on the 10.5 miles round Henlow today :slightly_smiling_face:

10.5 miles for me on Saturday in my attempt to run every day in October(no I don't know why!!):thinking_face:

14 miles for me on Sunday including the Perkins Great Eastern half marathon

13.1 miles at Perkins Great East Run yesterday!

Hi Sue

14 miles this Sunday for me Including the Perkins Great Eastern Run.

Many Thanks

Stewart

12 miles for me on Sunday.

11 soggy miles up Preston hill on Sunday. Thanks Sue.☔️🌧💦

13.1 for Royal Parks half this weekend
Also I think I am missing 10miles from 29/09/18
And 13.00 from 22/09/18.

10 Miles for Andy around Letchworth, Stotfold and Fairfield for Tuesday evening please

Totally forgot to post my 10 miles last Saturday - doing my 'long' run a day early threw me! Sorry!